OT: Football thread (2024 season)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Despite all this, I still don't think this team is as good as people think it is. Jets certainly didn't help themselves with the dropped or overthrown passes to open receivers.

The AFC stinks, its Chiefs, Ravens and Texans. And then I would say a huge drop. The Bills are getting blitzed again by one of those top 3 teams already today.

Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
You may be right. They are one of those teams that could end up with 8-11 wins and nobody would be surprised. Their defense has been really good for 3 seasons but will the whole team put it together? I have no idea. Sometimes Rodgers looks 36 and sometimes he looks 41.
You're being kind.....I agree that I wouldn't be surprised to see them get 8+ wins as they do have the ability to come up with that one big play.....problem is that they aren't consistent at it. I can honestly see them winning 11 games and missing the playoffs.

Personally (and I think I've said this before), I think Rodgers will be a huge set back for this club.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You're being kind.....I agree that I wouldn't be surprised to see them get 8+ wins as they do have the ability to come up with that one big play.....problem is that they aren't consistent at it. I can honestly see them winning 11 games and missing the playoffs.

Personally (and I think I've said this before), I think Rodgers will be a huge set back for this club.
Well with their defense its hard to think they won't get their share of wins especially with 4 games vs NE and Miami. Question is are they a real contender. They do have a ton of talent but will it add up?

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Well with their defense its hard to think they won't get their share of wins especially with 4 games vs NE and Miami. Question is are they a real contender. They do have a ton of talent but will it add up?
It's really like watching two separate teams - and we've seen this story before. We have had some really good defensive teams, but the offense is nonexistent. And on the few times the offense actually worked, the defense went into the crapper. As you say, it's nice to have talent, but does it complement each other. I can't remember the last time the Jets' offense and defense doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad