OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Giants are a disgrace
Giants got robbed on a bad call vs Phillips imo. Redskins should have been off the field.
Dabes not having a healthy kicker is ridiculous.
Nabers played great BUT his easy 4th down drop was the key to the loss.
DJ played well.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I know this will come off as a knee jerk reaction and the defense was the #1 reason they lost not the offense. But I guarantee Nabers will have an OBJ like career. Dude proved he's a f***ing loser on that last drive. That's all Schoen drafts is f***ing losers and/or busts.

Giants got robbed on a bad call vs Phillips imo. Redskins should have been off the field.
Dabes not having a healthy kicker is ridiculous.
Nabers played great BUT his easy 4th down drop was the key to the loss.
DJ played well.

This is why we need get rid of this bum. Jones's "played well" is a below average game for a good QB. The guy f***ing sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 80s Kid

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I know this will come off as a knee jerk reaction and the defense was the #1 reason they lost not the offense. But I guarantee Nabers will have an OBJ like career. Dude proved he's a f***ing loser on that last drive. That's all Schoen drafts is f***ing losers and/or busts.

This is why we need get rid of this bum. Jones's "played well" is a below average game for a good QB. The guy f***ing sucks.
I respectfully disagree that DJ had a below average game. If Nabors doesn't drop that pass the offense likely would have had 4tds in his 6 drives. Defense did not force a punt all day.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I respectfully disagree that DJ had a below average game. If Nabors doesn't drop that pass the offense likely would have had 4tds in his 6 drives. Defense did not force a punt all day.
the secondary is trash and the line is a joke.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He had a below average to average game for a good QB. But you make a good point he didn't have the ball much. The guy sucks, I can't stand people grasping at straws every game he doesn't shit the bed. This is also one of the worst teams in the league he played.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
When is manning declaring for draft. This team should not win another game for the next 2 seasons

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He had a below average to average game for a good QB. But you make a good point he didn't have the ball much. The guy sucks, I can't stand people grasping at straws every game he doesn't shit the bed. This is also one of the worst teams in the league he played.
I try to be respectful but you are too wrapped up in stats. He had 6 drives all day. How many TDs do you expect an offense to score with 6 drives? He led them to 3 TDs and would have likely had a 4th td drive if Nabors doesnt drop a pass right in his hands. His QB rating was 100. His QBR rating will be high as well. Neither are below average. DJ was bad in week 1. He was far from below average this week.

Anyway I'm finished discussing this. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
the secondary is trash and the line is a joke.
They can't stop the run or pass but in their defense if Phillips does not get a phantom penalty call the defense would have held Was to 15-18 points. Not forcing a single punt (or turnover) was bad.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I try to be respectful but you are too wrapped up in stats. He had 6 drives all day. How many TDs do you expect an offense to score with 6 drives? He led them to 3 TDs and would have likely had a 4th td drive if Nabors doesnt drop a pass right in his hands. His QB rating was 100. His QBR rating will be high as well. Neither are below average. DJ was bad in week 1. He was far from below average this week.

Anyway I'm finished discussing this. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.

I said below average for a good QB. And Singletary helped a lot in this game and Nabers turn short passes into big games. Every time he went for a anything but a short pass he overthrew Nabers by a mile. Good game by his standards, nothing to write home about. You're mad that I think Jones sucks? The guy is the worst QB in the league and a decent game against one of the worst teams in the league where his #1 QB and running game carry him won't earn praise from me. The sooner this disaster of a player plays his last down for the franchise the better.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I said below average for a good QB. And Singletary helped a lot in this game and Nabers turn short passes into big games. Every time he went for a anything but a short pass he overthrew Nabers by a mile. Good game by his standards, nothing to write home about. You're mad that I think Jones sucks? The guy is the worst QB in the league and a decent game against one of the worst teams in the league where his #1 QB and running game carry him won't earn praise from me. The sooner this disaster of a player plays his last down for the franchise the better.
I'm not mad at all. I will say DJ played bad when he plays bad. Today he played well. The announcers said so. The QB rating says so. I'm not going to continue discussing it with you. If you think DJ played below average today then that is that. Nothing else left to say.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Daboll has to have one foot out the door at this point.
He makes strange decisions at times. Your kicker is injured days ago and you do not dress a different kicker?

He did the same thing last week. His punt return guy was injured during the week, So when the PR guy went down out so he put Slayton back there. Slayton looked lost.
"Failure to plan is planning to fail".

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It stinks for Giants fans that it looks to be another long year, but honestly at this point, they weren't supposed to be a playoff team, so high picks won't be the worst thing in the world. If all things went right 9-8 was a realistic outcome.

Get a Jones replacement, work on the OLine, and maybe clean house with this coaching staff. A lot of the secondary and WRs will be on rookie or second deals.

I'm kind of torn on Thibeadeaux. He's such a stat padder and doesn't really do much impactful until week 9 when they're out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad