OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
I've been of the mindset that until the Giants can get their O-Line figured out, they're not going anywhere. That being said, I live out of market so most of the Giants games aren't available except for what I can see on RedZone. It's difficult for me to evaluate the team when I can't see most of their games.*

*I'm not paying for any extra packages to see them either. I pay for NHL Center Ice and that's enough.

I've been a proponent of Jones since the beginning but I'm starting to have my doubts now. Keep starting him this season even if it gets ugly and they can cut ties with him after if necessary. At least they'll have a high draft pick.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
So, I was supposed to not update my take on the season? This is like when someone in politics says something then changes his stance. Was I supposed to stubbornly continue saying that the Giants are going to win 7-9 games in the face of new information yesterday?
Are you kidding! Who said I want you to stop? Do you know how boring this place would be without you?

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Are you kidding! Who said I want you to stop? Do you know how boring this place would be without you?

But you took a shot as if I did something wrong. So I was supposed to be a blind homer despite seeing the garbage that Jones has become and say "I still think they win 7-9 games"? Would blind homerism have made myself not a contradiction?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
But you took a shot as if I did something wrong. So I was supposed to be a blind homer despite seeing the garbage that Jones has become and say "I still think they win 7-9 games"? Would blind homerism have made myself not a contradiction?
It was simply an observation....not meant as a shot. Nobody sane would accuse you of blind homerism...especially if they play goalie or QB.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
@Boris Zubov and @SnowblindNYR you guys need to chill. Thanks.

And this is just week 1.

Wait 'til week 8.

escape-from-newyork.jpg

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I skipped beer league for this. But also to sleep before midnight.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If the Niners are in first class, they wouldn’t even let the Jets stow away in cargo on the same plane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad