Foegele to Kings 3x mid 3

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Pretty ok pickup, imo. Has a lot of playoff experience with the recent run.

That’s something the Kings seem to have honed in on with these acquisitions. Foegele, Edmundson, Kuemper, not so much with Jeanot.

I know the Kings were the softest team in the league last year but I’ll say that Bluc has upgraded in the grit and experience department. If our young players can step up, it could be an interesting season.
How can our young players step up when Hiller has to play all these expensive vets?

• Haha
Reactions: tigermask48
Jun 30, 2006
How can our young players step up when Hiller has to play all these expensive vets?
at the risk of sounding like a writer for LAKingsInsider or Jim Fox, these deals do not preclude the kids from getting their playing time at the big club. Thomas, Spence, Clarke, Turcotte are all going to see time.

Kings added some size and sandpaper to their lineup, it’s not splashy and grabs headlines but I think overall these aren’t bad additions for this next season.

Now the contracts….we definitely overpaid but that’s free agency in the nhl. Anyone know if they included NMC given the fact PLD was traded almost immediately after we signed him to an 8 year extension?

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
at the risk of sounding like a writer for LAKingsInsider or Jim Fox, these deals do not preclude the kids from getting their playing time at the big club. Thomas, Spence, Clarke, Turcotte are all going to see time.
Yes they will get a chance, but let's also not gloss over the fact that the first time something goes wrong with one of those four on the ice, they'll end up on the bench or press box while the vets play extra. They've done it for years. Todd did it, and Hiller did once he took over.

The first time Edmundson blows coverage in front of the net, or Lewis is too slow getting back on D, it will be Clarke, Spence, Turcotte, or Thomas that take the blame and get benched.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Kings added some size and sandpaper to their lineup, it’s not splashy and grabs headlines but I think overall these aren’t bad additions for this next season.

Now the contracts….we definitely overpaid but that’s free agency in the nhl. Anyone know if they included NMC given the fact PLD was traded almost immediately after we signed him to an 8 year extension?
Yep, that was a risk you took.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
If foegle could ever learn to pick a corner he would be a consistent 30 goal guy. Unfortunately he's obsessed with shooting at a goalies chest. Misses out on 15 goals a year because he can't aim.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Unfortunately he's obsessed with shooting at a goalies chest. Misses out on 15 goals a year because he can't aim.
Born to be an LA King

if you don't like this trade
Trade?

1719950300486.png

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad