Post-Game Talk: Flyers

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Am I the last one to stumble upon this? I didn't intend to bring up Abby - I always liked him as a local boy.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Is you thinking that Hellberg is starting tomorrow cause husso is still out? Any information even now concerning when husso will be back no...?

Trading up for Michkov would be too costly, Michkov is staying in Russia until 2026 and who knows who's what kind of place Russia is going to be by then. Is anyone allowed to leave that country ? There's too much uncertainty in Michkov's ETA, If Michkov falls to Wings pick then pull the trigger. Red Wings will still have the second 1st round pick to be used on a player who's arrival on time can be trusted.

I don't believe that Michkov falls past Arizona's pick, unless they win the 1st overall. Arizona's tank continues for couple more years, they are not in the hurry to get up from the basement. They can afford to wait.
Good points, but top line talent is needed and we don’t have it in the pipeline. It’s like a shallow fantasy baseball league. You trade three good players for one star, cause you can find good players on the waiver wire. And frankly I don’t even think Yager is gonna make it to the Wings. Plus, with our luck we prolly not moving up. So if the price for moving up is steep steep steep Stevie gotta consider it. For example Kasper + both 2023 1sts. I don’t want to be the Minnesota Wild. Always respectable but never really a front runner. I’m not married to Michkov BTW.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
It’s like a shallow fantasy baseball league. You trade three good players for one star, cause you can find good players on the waiver wire.
So if the price for moving up is steep steep steep Stevie gotta consider it. For example Kasper + both 2023 1sts.
Key word here is fantasy, Yzerman has been preaching about patience since day 1 and after the TDL Yzerman said this team not ready yet. To make a trade like that Red Wings should be a border line cup contender team. Like the Shanahan-trade was back in the day, it made the Red Wings a true championship team.

One "star" is not going to change the direction, Brian Burke did that trade in Toronto and Leafs sunked even more. This whole "star" thing is just a gimmick, depth wins championships in real life.

Reactions: Frk It

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I want the nagging injury crew to sit and the GR crew to be promoted. Do the number of games Mo plays matter? Hes durable, sure. Let him start this summer early. Larkin... look get your PB point total then shut it down. He's 6 points away. Unfortunately, that could mean the rest of the season. I tell you, if this team were in a blow out situation, in their favor, I'd double shift the guy. Get all those points in a 2 point blunder, you know lottery % speaking.

This game was the worst game I have seen this season, and I've said that about the last 5 and sense I'll say i about the next however many they have to play. The only HOPE is they play the kids.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One "star" is not going to change the direction, Brian Burke did that trade in Toronto and Leafs sunked even more. This whole "star" thing is just a gimmick, depth wins championships in real life.

You don't win with stars and without depth. Also, you don't win with depth only, without stars.

There has to be both and some kind of good balance. You just need a deeper talent pool, especially when the lucrative contract extensions will start happening after success. Then there has to be cheap and quality depth to be brought in to keep the success.

Especially, the Avs are looking like a team that will have 2-year Stanley Cup window, and then they are gone. That's it. The stars are left, but they don't have any kind of depth rising. After the MacKinnon contract hitting to 12.6M caphit, they have 13M in cap space, to sign 11 players. Good luck to build 2 five-man units with 1M players. And Byram is calling for a significant raise.

Their depth drafting has been abysmal on the last decades, and it still looks like that, when they would need it most. Right now.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I want the nagging injury crew to sit and the GR crew to be promoted. Do the number of games Mo plays matter? Hes durable, sure. Let him start this summer early. Larkin... look get your PB point total then shut it down. He's 6 points away. Unfortunately, that could mean the rest of the season. I tell you, if this team were in a blow out situation, in their favor, I'd double shift the guy. Get all those points in a 2 point blunder, you know lottery % speaking.

This game was the worst game I have seen this season, and I've said that about the last 5 and sense I'll say i about the next however many they have to play. The only HOPE is they play the kids.

I am the George Costanza HF!

Larkin cut that PB goal in half last night's win.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
You don't win with stars and without depth. Also, you don't win with depth only, without stars.
English ain't easy, wrong choice of words and i have to explain myself again :)

I meant depth as deep team, words got lost in the heat of moment. And the member who i was answering suggested that Yzerman gotta consider trading Kasper + both 2023 1st round picks for Michkov. Trade like that would take away both, potential "stars" and depth pieces. Kasper + "Oliver Moore" + "Ryan Leonard" for "Michkov"-trade would not take Red Wings any closer being a cup contender than they are now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad