Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Drysdale is a difficult evaluation. The Ducks were horrible on the ice while he was there hence the high draft choices that they garnered. Their defensive schemes were part of the problem with the poor team performance. They pushed JD into the League when he wasn't really prepared for that due to a lack of talent on defense. Then he tore up his shoulder.
Going back to his junior days, he was a very good defenseman. Certainly worthy of his draft position. The big questions are can he be and stay healthy. If so, the Flyers have a talented d-man; probably a rover type. That sort of player has a role in today's NHL. He's not going to be a shut down guy since he doesn't have the physical capacity to dominate opponents. He'll need to learn to play the style of game, like Timonen had, with positioning and stick work being his calling cards. Of course if he can't remain healthy, he won't be around for long.

Problem is he has a lot of bad hockey learned under Eakins to unlearn before he can start to go anywhere, and he needs to be healthy enough to actually play before that can even happen

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Drysdale just jinxed himself...

And this from the head nut of the peanut gallery....some things never change do they?

Flyers general manager Daniel Briere said during the NHL Scouting Combine last month how impressive it was that Drysdale played through what he called a "significant injury."

"He wanted to play games," Briere said. "He's had a lot of injuries to deal with the last few years, so he wanted to play, so I give him a lot of credit. He showed a lot of character, leadership, the way he handled it.

"He should be in a much better position [this season], should be a lot freer to play."

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers Way lol
Clearly it’s not specific to the Flyers because Drysdale played 8 games for the Ducks after getting hurt but before being traded. If he wanted to get the surgery in October or November and miss the rest of the season, he could have. But he didn’t. Long before he was Flyers propery.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Does this team even do physicals?

DgD2TsnXkAApEbM.jpg

Edit: Sorry @Hanover Fist ,wasn't trying to jump your post. Just saw the one you were quoting and immediately thought of this heh. And your link isn't working

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Can I just remind everyone how poorly run this franchise is in every aspect of professional sports.

They quartered their training staff in an area full of Zamboni exhaust that gave multiple people cancer.

Since the inception of the salary cap, I would be interested to find out how much cap space the Flyers have wasted on bought out contracts and players who are retired because of injury but still on the roster. I’d bet dollars to donuts that no other team has more than us.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I doubt that very much. Montreal had the careers of Price and Weber effectively end with five years left on their contracts, as just one example.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
is that what Nashville said about Myers and us? lol
Yeah. Nashville really got the last laugh on that one, considering he played all of 27 games for them and he's basically been a career minor leaguer since the trade.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can I just remind everyone how poorly run this franchise is in every aspect of professional sports.

They quartered their training staff in an area full of Zamboni exhaust that gave multiple people cancer.

Since the inception of the salary cap, I would be interested to find out how much cap space the Flyers have wasted on bought out contracts and players who are retired because of injury but still on the roster. I’d bet dollars to donuts that no other team has more than us.

The Wild under Fletcher had to trade away or buy out a lot of contracts very soon after signing them.

And people wonder why I never had faith in the guy or felt the need to give him a chance, as if he were some unknown

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Not that I will ever defend the Flyers, but that didn't happen. One guy got cancer, one guy had a platelet issue. There is basically no science out there indicating that you could develop said blood conditions from the propane exhaust produced by a Zamboni in the little time it would be idling indoors per day. If you could, forklift operators would make a lot more money.

The bizarre part of that story is that the Flyers had to continue employing two supposed medical trainers who were suing them over a batshit crazy medical theory, and while all that happened they amended their suit to include the fact that Torts--seriously--told McCrossin to shove it. Seems like they were preemptively filing a completely wacky defensive suit to avoid getting fired, because they would sue again for wrongful termination if they did. Sal Raffa had cancer, Jim McCrossin just was one.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not that I will ever defend the Flyers, but that didn't happen. One guy got cancer, one guy had a platelet issue. There is basically no science out there indicating that you could develop said blood conditions from the propane exhaust produced by a Zamboni in the little time it would be idling indoors per day. If you could, forklift operators would make a lot more money.

The bizarre part of that story is that the Flyers had to continue employing two supposed medical trainers who were suing them over a batshit crazy medical theory, and while all that happened they amended their suit to include the fact that Torts--seriously--told McCrossin to shove it. Seems like they were preemptively filing a completely wacky defensive suit to avoid getting fired, because they would sue again for wrongful termination if they did. Sal Raffa had cancer, Jim McCrossin just was one.

Eh, I won't rule it out. Truck drivers loading and hauling chemicals for DuPont struggle to live to 60 without being riddled with bizarre cancers, but they don't get rich from settlements because science can't directly confirm anything. But it does get weird when people in the same profession working in the same place develop issues. This is only two people, though.

Overall, it's probably safest to assume that Clarke has been pumping benzene into McCrossin's lungs in his sleep every night as revenge for not finishing Lindros off.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57 and Embiid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad