Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade 32nd overall pick to Edmonton for first round pick in 2025 or 2026 (Top 12 Protected In 2025)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're taking the same bet that they had this year with the pick, as the loser in the finals typically bounces the next year. Unfortunately, it didn't happen this year.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
I really don't see what the problem is. I get it, Buium, etc. But you're trading the 32nd pick in a round of 32 picks for one that will be of, at worst, equal value.
It's not really equal when you include the fact that there is now time lost in waiting for this pick. Trading out is fine, but they really should have tried to get a future 2nd or 3rd, anything to get more value than the pick swap. I know football is different, but look at the eagles-saints swap from 2022. Same amount of firsts involved with the eagles getting some more future value.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
When do they play? I don’t want to spread rumors, but I heard McDavid, Draisaitl, and Bouchard said some unseemly things about Nic Deslariers’ mother.

It seems the Flyers prefer next year’s draft though… until that draft comes that is.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I mean this isn’t horrendous and the possible picks at 32 weren’t great, but when you go into this season with two first round picks and you come out with a Jett Luchanko. It stings.

Maybe Edmonton implodes again but decent chance that pick is in a similar range and all you did was kick the can down the road with no additional pick to show for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad