Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade 32nd overall pick to Edmonton for first round pick in 2025 or 2026 (Top 12 Protected In 2025)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
When Briere gave Buium away, he got a premium, a third-round
pick. Why didn't he receive a premium from the Oilers for letting them into the first round?
Terrible GM? Just sayin'. The Flyers' biggest needs are 1C and 1D. Buium has a chance to be a great 1D, 28 minutes/game stud Dman. Fell to us in a miracle. Luchanko is Laughton 2.0 if we are lucky. FFS, why is every draft, except for the fluke of Michkov falling last year, a disappointment?

Briere might actually be as bad as Fletcher.
C'mon, that's a bit harsh. No one is THAT bad.

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
Terrible GM? Just sayin'. The Flyers' biggest needs are 1C and 1D. Buium has a chance to be a great 1D, 28 minutes/game stud Dman. Fell to us in a miracle. Luchanko is Laughton 2.0 if we are lucky. FFS, why is every draft, except for the fluke of Michkov falling last year, a disappointment?

C'mon, that's a bit harsh. No one is THAT bad.
Yeah I just don't see how you can pass on a potential alpha 1D who can drive play every time they are on the ice. If you have too many D? You move one for a position of need, you don't draft a lesser player.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The only bright side is 6 picks in the first 2 rounds next year so far. That will likely be even more by the trade deadline. Sell Laughton and TK and tank. Look how great the Habs did tonight

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Also, I'm calling it now. Nurse accidentally takes out both McDavid & Draisaitl for the season on the same play attempting an open ice hit in the very first game next year. Edmonton tanks and gets the first overall pick. Everyone comes back for 25-26 and they march onto the Cup. Flyers have the last pick in the first round, only it's 34th overall because the NHL has two new expansion franchises.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Every draft the next year is stronger than the last according to insiders. It never fails. Eiserman was the consensus 2nd overall player in October 2023. We’re supposed to believe the Flyers know what a year from now looks like at pick 27?

There’s never a projectable difference outside the top 10-15 in any given year. You have your few targets after that each year. It’s hubris to suggest otherwise. But hubris suits this team well. You had Flahr saying he preferred the mid rounds (!) in one year versus the next. The same genius that punted on the Covid draft because it was weak in his estimation. Maybe don’t trust the holistic evaluations of the team that passes on elite talent left and right, including last night? If you can’t get those painfully easy decisions correct, it doesn’t matter if it’s as deep as the Atlantic Ocean. Shit picks will still be made by many a team.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Every draft the next year is stronger than the last according to insiders. It never fails. Eiserman was the consensus 2nd overall player in October 2023. We’re supposed to believe the Flyers know what a year from now looks like at pick 27?

There’s never a projectable difference outside the top 10-15 in any given year. You have your few targets after that each year. It’s hubris to suggest otherwise. But hubris suits this team well. You had Flahr saying he preferred the mid rounds (!) in one year versus the next. The same genius that punted on the Covid draft because it was weak in his estimation. Maybe don’t trust the holistic evaluations of the team that passes on elite talent left and right, including last night? If you can’t get those painfully easy decisions correct, it doesn’t matter if it’s as deep as the Atlantic Ocean. Shit picks will still be made by many a team.
But this is at least a win. The pick can only get better regardless of the state of the draft.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I really don't see what the problem is. I get it, Buium, etc. But you're trading the 32nd pick in a round of 32 picks for one that will be of, at worst, equal value.
There are a lot of good prospects on the board, there was no sweetener, and you lose a year of development. All on the gamble Edm isn’t going back to the SCF. Passing on Buium is going to haunt them.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Leafs moved back 8 picks in exchange for a second rounder this year.

The Flyers moved back 220 picks for no cost this season. The just pick swapped for free, like part of a f***ing NBA trade. Teams chomp at the bit to hose this team. I'm sure every other GM lights up in the eyes when the Flyers come calling.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

The Flyers moved back 220 picks for no cost this season. The just pick swapped for free, like part of a f***ing NBA trade. Teams chomp at the bit to hose this team. I'm sure every other GM lights up in the eyes when the Flyers come calling.
This is a completely irrational take and you know it. The leafs moved 8 picks back.

There's a good chance our pick ends up moving forward as much as 8 picks. Hell, one Mcdavid injury and we could be picking in the top 15. Still beats out the 32nd pick.

Reactions: IronMarshal

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

Wait we traded this pick for an 8th rounder?

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The way Capfreindly reads if EDM trades their 2026 1st then the 2025 becomes unprotected. The COL 1st does not read that way. You could interpret it that if COL's pick is top 10 then the Flyers receive nothing...

Reactions: TheKingPin

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
I don’t hate the move in a vacuum, but for a team so devoid of talent, punting on another year or two of development, depending on conditions, seems like a bad decision. If this was Colorado, Florida, etc. I get the move, but for a team like the Flyers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad