Confirmed with Link: Flyers To Buyout Remainder Of Cam Atkinson's Contract

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
You know what, f*** you Atkinson you douchebag.

This team allowed your rotting corpse to play all year with great teammates to get you going, and you repay the organization by refusing a trade, a NTC we didn't give you.

He could have basically called it quits and sat on LTIR all year. No ones gonna sign him, so he's just lost out on 1/3rd of his salary.
Guy played less then 150 games for a shit team thats been a bottom of the barrel organization for over a decade. Why would he f*** up his life for them? He's barely connected to them.

One thing to point out is that Hextall inherited a lot of this trash. Now, has he reduced the waste in ways I would have hoped, no but that doesn’t mean he tried. Limited clauses and atkinsons declines are two big factors that reduced his value.
FTFY

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Well I think you have to make any and all final subtractions now, before Michkov arrives so that you can use that as your new starting point with a good locker room.
Part of the reason they targeted Cam was he was a #goodlockerroomguy vs Jake who was a "problem" was Cam also a problem now? Maybe we need to shake things up in our locker room scouting department. Seems like these good locker room guys are all falling off a cliff when they get to Philly.

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Part of the reason they targeted Cam was he was a #goodlockerroomguy vs Jake who was a "problem" was Cam also a problem now? Maybe we need to shake things up in our locker room scouting department. Seems like these good locker room guys are all falling off a cliff when they get to Philly.
I don't think he was a problem in that sense, but he was an older guy just playing out his contract. It's just cleaning up the debris. It's really no big deal.

Reactions: IronMarshal

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I think it was Vigneault who ran Jake out of town. Wonder who else was on that list. Ghost must be for sure.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Does he have a NMC or a NTC?

If its the latter, why didn't we bury his ass in the AHL and make him ride busses

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Blame the guy that acquired Atkinson knowing his contract details opposed to blaming Atkinson for exercising the rights of his contract.

Guy is supposed to just willingly accept a trade to another bad team but on the other side of the country which he’s never lived in that region of the country. For what exactly?
Exactly. He doesn’t owe the Flyers anything.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Did we just buy out Cambo and done f*** all with that money? I don't even want to imagine what this group will be able to pull off if they are buyers at tdl. Thankfully I have no confidence in them being competitive.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Did we just buy out Cambo and done f*** all with that money? I don't even want to imagine what this group will be able to pull off if they are buyers at tdl. Thankfully I have no confidence in them being competitive.
They have a little less than $2MM in space with Brinks contract buried and Ellis on the IR. Still have to sign Zamula. Not really much room to work with until they put Ellis on LTIR or decide to trade some players.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
We had no cap space to make any significant moves

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
We had no cap space to make any significant moves
We all know Ellis will never play again. Only way this makes sense is if they are trying to bank cap space for elc performance bonuses. Though I'm not sure how that gets calculated.
CAP SPACE WITH LTIR CANDIDATES : $8,270,239

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
We all know Ellis will never play again. Only way this makes sense is if they are trying to bank cap space for elc performance bonuses. Though I'm not sure how that gets calculated.
CAP SPACE WITH LTIR CANDIDATES : $8,270,239
Briere has already said he does not want to have to use LTIR relief unless it's completely necessary

• Haha

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Briere has already said he does not want to have to use LTIR relief unless it's completely necessary
So basically in a league where teams bank millions with players like Kane, Kucherov and Stone on ltir to be even more competitive he decided to go the other way? So pretty much the same approach flyers are using when it comes to PP then.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Yep, it was all Giroux's and Jake's fault the room wasn't great. And Provy. And the cloud hanging over Hart. Any more excuses, or is TK now the problem, or Farabee?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad