Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Tonight's game was dead as hell for what it's worth.
Don't get me wrong, bodies were in the seats. The building just sounded like a graveyard on Sunday morning.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Tonight's game was dead as hell for what it's worth.
Don't get me wrong, bodies were in the seats. The building just sounded like a graveyard on Sunday morning.

I cannot ever understand the people who leave at the end of the Third Period of a Tied Game... with the ever exciting 3x3 coming. Last night there ware way too many who did... and then upon the end of the 3x3, more fools left before the Skills Competition... Why even bother attending a Game if you have no interest in seeing the outcome... and the most exciting part -- granted I detest that they have ShootOuts to determine the outcome, but it is exciting and does determine a Point and does provide skilled individual talents -- All this to beat the Traffic out and out of the Parking Lot? Guess what; staying home is even better for beating traffic. SMH

Yes, it was dead in relative terms... it was just that type of Game... coming off a ten game streak and an Road Trip... just about heading into the Christmas Break. And at the latter minutes there even were some idiotic WOOing... But it was for me an enjoyable Game, and TBH, the crowd, except for the early departers, was in itself not as annoying as most games.

JMO

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I cannot ever understand the people who leave at the end of the Third Period of a Tied Game... with the ever exciting 3x3 coming. Last night there ware way too many who did... and then upon the end of the 3x3, more fools left before the Skills Competition... Why even bother attending a Game if you have no interest in seeing the outcome... and the most exciting part -- granted I detest that they have ShootOuts to determine the outcome, but it is exciting and does determine a Point and does provide skilled individual talents -- All this to beat the Traffic out and out of the Parking Lot? Guess what; staying home is even better for beating traffic. SMH

Yes, it was dead in relative terms... it was just that type of Game... coming off a ten game streak and an Road Trip... just about heading into the Christmas Break. And at the latter minutes there even were some idiotic WOOing... But it was for me an enjoyable Game, and TBH, the crowd, except for the early departers, was in itself not as annoying as most games.

JMO

I don't know what it's like in Philadelphia, but in St. Louis we found a place that we always parked in - it was about 10 minutes longer to walk to and from the Arena, but we never had to worry about traffic as much as the people who parked close. (I never understand people who need to park close to shops, either - I think it's unbelievably dense.) And I will never understand the people who leave early. Do they walk out of movies with 10 minutes left? Idiots. Casual fans who consider it just another night out on the town, I guess I can understand, but I still don't like it lol.

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
I've noticed a ton of people splitting after the call the 50/50.

It's tough having an aisle seat upstairs, the last few minutes of the game people casually walking down the steps, standing right in front of everyone who actually want to watch the game.

The casual fans are the ones killing the experience for me anymore.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I don't know what it's like in Philadelphia, but in St. Louis we found a place that we always parked in - it was about 10 minutes longer to walk to and from the Arena, but we never had to worry about traffic as much as the people who parked close. (I never understand people who need to park close to shops, either - I think it's unbelievably dense.) And I will never understand the people who leave early. Do they walk out of movies with 10 minutes left? Idiots. Casual fans who consider it just another night out on the town, I guess I can understand, but I still don't like it lol.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is priceless... I hope you don't mind if I steal that analogy.

... Exactly my point.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I've noticed a ton of people splitting after the call the 50/50.

It's tough having an aisle seat upstairs, the last few minutes of the game people casually walking down the steps, standing right in front of everyone who actually want to watch the game.

The casual fans are the ones killing the experience for me anymore.

I won't argue with that one... and there are so many there now... And they spend a fortune on overpriced beer for a chance to act like an ******* on the Jumbotron. :shakehead

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I've said I'm pro woo a few times, but guidelines need to be applied, but the dab needs to die off asap. I'm more ok with having to lean to the side to see around a 3rd period traffic beater than having to see every single person on the big screen dab.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I've said I'm pro woo a few times, but guidelines need to be applied, but the dab needs to die off asap. I'm more ok with having to lean to the side to see around a 3rd period traffic beater than having to see every single person on the big screen dab.

Detest the dab. :rant:

... I also hate when one person on the Kiss Cam -- usually the girl -- makes an ass out of their partner... You don't want to kiss; fine... but don't make them look foolish. It is funny when it turns out to be brother and sister, and they have to back off, though. LOL

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
Flyers are a hot last minute Christmas gift, I sold 5 sets on stubhub today. Made good money on the Lightning and Penguins game. I wasn't expecting this many to sell, normally I just list them knowing I'll end up going.

I might go on and take some down or else I won't have any left. I did keep off my heritage night games at least.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers are a hot last minute Christmas gift, I sold 5 sets on stubhub today. Made good money on the Lightning and Penguins game. I wasn't expecting this many to sell, normally I just list them knowing I'll end up going.

I might go on and take some down or else I won't have any left. I did keep off my heritage night games at least.

That's a good point. I sold the Tampa game for as much as the caps game which is nice. Sold the devils game for a lot in January. I am very surprised how much they went for. As long as I break even I am more than happy to have these tickets. With so many division and weekend games left I think I should be fine. If things keep going like this I'll actually make money which seems crazy considering I sold lower lever seats for 25$ earlier.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
So I got Cadillac Club tickets as a Christmas gift and I've never sat there before. I've sat in a regular club box before though. Is the Cadillac Grille the only difference between the two?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
They sent out an email a while back to season ticket holders. It mentioned the holiday photo opportunity and a "Team Event" on January 23rd. Nothing more than that.

I dug up the email... Holiday Photo 11/14 and Team Event 1/23... Both state 'More Information to Follow'.

Not only haven't I heard about the Team Event, but for the life of me, I can't recall anything about the Holiday Photos... Old age may be a factor on this though. :laugh:

As I stated previously, I personally find the lack of Events this Season quite disturbing... as time passes this Season, the feeling heightens.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I got an email to sign up for the holiday photo on the ice. It was a good time.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Most of the early emails I had trouble opening on my iPhone. My rep had no idea why that would be but forwarded it to the "tech guys".
They seem to be working now.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Most of the early emails I had trouble opening on my iPhone. My rep had no idea why that would be but forwarded it to the "tech guys".
They seem to be working now.

The holiday photo opp was great. Got to go on the ice and the benches. Pretty cool considering I have a one year old son.

Mt STM Partner receives all the correspondence from the Flyers... I believe he gets them on his home computer... We mentioned it to our new/current Rep and he said we should have got all email but IIRC brought it to their attention. We definitely did not receive the email instructing us about ordering our Jersey -- that lapse cause us to order late and be forced to get a larger size, due to being out of Larges... had we not found out we were missing the notification and had to order, we might have missed out on the Jersey altogether -- I'm going to check with my partner on the Holiday Shoot, but unless I'm totally losing my mind, we heard nada on it.

I know I personally have not heard about the late January Event... and only God knows what else... I do know that the 'normal/usual' calendar of STM Events has not bee available... at least to our Account.

I hope Account Members mention on here if and when they receive notification of an Event or Perk... Has there been any other than the Jersey and Holiday Photo Shoot?... Anthing other than the mystery January 23 Event and the alluded to upcoming Town Hall Meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad