Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Two-Way Contract with C Ryan White

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
I'm getting sick of this type of player on our team. Useless pointless signing

You are the Coach of a team who likes to play a tough guy/agitator and happen to already have that type of player on the roster signed to one more year but they take a ton of penalties and you just lost one of your better PK Dmen. Now your GM goes out and signs a similar player who is in the box half as much and can potentially win you some faceoffs as well as maybe PK. Who do you play?

At least I hope that is Hextall's logic.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Judging by what other fans are saying, it sounds like he's a guy like Rinaldo but can actually PK and win some faceoffs. If that's true, I'm fine with this...as long as Rinaldo isn't in the lineup at the same time.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Based on what Habs fans are saying it doesn't sound like as bad of a signing as some of you are making it seem. I'm willing to give him a chance to be a better version of Rinaldo for the 4th line. If he completely replaces Rinaldo then it's completely worth it.

Also, if Rosehill ever plays again I might hang myself. If he plays on a line of Rosehill-White-Rinaldo I'll light myself on fire and then hang myself.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rosehill did his job pretty well last year. If he's still on the roster it will be to play against the few teams that still carry enforcers. Bigger problems to worry about.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Rosehill did his job pretty well last year. If he's still on the roster it will be to play against the few teams that still carry enforcers. Bigger problems to worry about.

If other teams carry an enforcer and you don't dress an enforcer to match then they'll have nothing to do and be a waste of a roster spot.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Wow, I was just reading all the Habs fans saying they actually liked this guy. I'm fairly surprised. I'd assume he will be an AHL/NHL tweener for us. In the AHL, it's always good to have guys capable of some gooning. Add him to the list of Mathers, Stortini, and Lauridsen for the Phantoms.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Wow, I was just reading all the Habs fans saying they actually liked this guy. I'm fairly surprised. I'd assume he will be an AHL/NHL tweener for us. In the AHL, it's always good to have guys capable of some gooning. Add him to the list of Mathers, Stortini, and Lauridsen for the Phantoms.

I also am blown away by how much they seem to like him on the main board. Zac that can win face offs and PK ?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Some Habs fans loved White, some didn't but most respected his heart and work ethic. I always thought he was underrated, good PKer, good pest, great team player and decent hands. Anyway another guy misused by Therrien. He's only 26 he may surprise you if given the chance!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's a lesser version of Adam Hall, who is still better than Zac Rinaldo. I mean, as long as Rosehill and Rinaldo are golden here, Hextall could sign any one of thousands of players and be upgrading the 4th line by doing so. We have a lot of PK'ers, I'd wager he sees very little in that regard.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If other teams carry an enforcer and you don't dress an enforcer to match then they'll have nothing to do and be a waste of a roster spot.

Yeah easy to say that now, but what happens when **** hits the fan? You have Simmonds taking on Engelland again. Slowly, but surely enforcers are being phased out of the game. Until then you just deal with it. He's a 14th forward. Like I said, bigger fish to fry.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I'm not so sure he's a step down from Hall. I also think Hall was pretty bad (though a good soldier, nonetheless). From what I'm hearing, White brings a lot more energy than Hall does, which is fairly important for what is supposed to be an energy line.

I hope to god Laughton shines at camp because I actually think PEB-Laughton-White could be a pretty damn solid fourth line that sees a reasonable amount of ice time. If it squeezes Rinaldo out of the lineup, it's a terrific move.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah easy to say that now, but what happens when **** hits the fan? You have Simmonds taking on Engelland again. Slowly, but surely enforcers are being phased out of the game. Until then you just deal with it. He's a 14th forward. Like I said, bigger fish to fry.

How often does that **** happen when the enforcer is on the ice? It's not like they can leave the bench to fight so those after the whistle scrums that Simmonds gets into isn't something that dressing Rosehill will effect.

I'm not so sure he's a step down from Hall. I also think Hall was pretty bad (though a good soldier, nonetheless). From what I'm hearing, White brings a lot more energy than Hall does, which is fairly important for what is supposed to be an energy line.

I hope to god Laughton shines at camp because I actually think PEB-Laughton-White could be a pretty damn solid fourth line that sees a reasonable amount of ice time. If it squeezes Rinaldo out of the lineup, it's a terrific move.

I would be shocked if Berube doesn't find a way to squeeze Rinaldo into the lineup no matter what it takes. He's determined to play ****** people.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
If he's replacing Rinaldo, fine.

If he's being used in addition to Rinaldo, **** off.

This.
We all know they gonna carry someone cast in that mold on the roster.
Everyone else on the roster has to prove himself. Finally some competition for Rinaldo! He had a rough year and needs to pick things up...

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Can't wait to see the Rosehill-White-Rinaldo 4th line.:help:

game-over-man.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This guy is such a yapping *****. Lol @ him being better than Rinaldo.

I also am blown away by how much they seem to like him on the main board. Zac that can win face offs and PK ?

Yup.

Imagine if Rinaldo learned how to PK this past year, and learned to take faceoffs and sit his penalties by 2/3. We would be quite happy with that. Well.....we now have him with White.

I hope the 4th line is Raffl White Belle.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
I would be very surprised to see him go unclaimed if put on waivers.

Good signing by Hextall.

It's August and no team was willing to give him a one-way contract at the league minimum. I doubt there would be teams lining up to claim him on waivers.

This is an AHL sigining. White was the 15th forward for Montreal and didn't see any time in the playoffs at all despite a few injuries to others. He's also not very good at hockey. Habs fans tend to hate talented players but deify muckers and untalented pluggers as long as they "try hard" and any love for White is really just that - he tries. He's no good, but he tries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad