Rumor: Flyers Made Pitch to Columbus for 4th Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
You have the cheat code in Mitchkov coming soon on 3 year ELC. I really applaud the Flyers taking the chance here even at a high blood cost potential. Like I said the ducks are probably a better partner or see what you can get from Seattle. They need more quality wingers as they are pretty set down the center.
Yes you make that type of trade (pick(s) and good roster player for magic bean) with a team from the other conference.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Seriously can't blame Briere for going all in here.

I still say Konecny was the offer because that's legit the only player I can see Waddell going "ok...this could work" especially if the hang up is over a 1st round pick (which Dom is right the Avs pick is just slightly short based on his model barring whoever the player is...and that makes me sick to admit I agree with Dom on something)
No way. They cannot afford to deal Konecny.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
At #12 there will be good forwards available as well... Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Connolly, Hage, Nygaard, etc.

Exactly. Catton Eiserman and Connolly look to be very good players. One or all will be there at 12. I’d do Laughton 12 and 32 for sure. More on top I’m sure is needed but that’s where it’s hard for me

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Id rather have Demidov than any of these trades honestly. We have a strong prospect pool, no need to move down to acquire more picks.

So far this thread is CBJ fans saying no and Flyers fans trying to make them admit that it's a good offer even though it doesn't make any sense for the Jackets. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Fro and Dog

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
So far this thread is CBJ fans saying no and Flyers fans trying to make them admit that it's a good offer even though it doesn't make any sense for the Jackets. lol

Not really. We have Flyers fans hesitating at the amount of value being given up, and CLB saying they want more.

So, probably fairly equal, even if the deal doesn’t happen.

Reactions: Viqsi

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
What's the purpose for the Jackets to do this type of deal again? Columbus and Philly seems like terrible trading partners to me.
The only thing I can think of is to flip some of the pieces to Winnipeg for McGroarty. Columbus is reportedly in on him.

Also, I'd want Konecny, but the orange cat in my avatar is named Travis so I am a bit biased.

Reactions: Indy18 and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
By and large we're agreed that it would probably be a good offer if they were dealing with some other team.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don't think chances Demidov drops to 4th are big.
I think that’s a pretty likely scenario.

Curious if they know Demidov is going to be available at #4. I forget which GM said it (UTA?) some GMs leak their pick out so their fans don't get too surprised with their picks so sometimes it's clear who is picking whom at where.

And if Demidov is there at #4, does this mean CLB is stating "No, he's our player" here? CLB is collecting quite a collection of Russians afterall. Perhaps they think they can make a modern day version of the Russian 5? :D
I think he’ll be available

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
So they must be confident about who is going 2-3. Most think Chicago is going Defence, I’ve seen nothing on Anaheims interest but if they look both Demidov and Lindstrom couldn’t they wait and target 5th instead of 4th?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Friedman says it was 12, 32, and Colorados 2025 1st. That’s much more appealing than trading the Flyers 2025 1st or good player. The Flyers seem to think the Colorado 1st is too much. I would do it if we traded 12 + 32 + something less than colorados 2025 1st

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Helenius/Eiserman/Yakemchuk + Farabee/Laughton + 1st 2025 for….for what? For a guy with 0 NHL game, and this guy is not named Celebrini?
Sorry but this is package for star player with 1 contract year left

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Two late 1sts shouldn't be enough to move up from 12 to 4. Not when Lindstrom or Demidov are available. I really don't like that from Columbus' perspective. If that's actually the Jackets ask, I'm not happy about that.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Flyers or COL first? You easily hang up with Flyers 1st but COL 1st I think you see wo that player is (Laughton? Could be Frost or Brink etc) and decide if Demi (or whoever) is worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad