Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
With the 175th pick in the draft :blues select Mario Ferraro, defenceman committed to play NCAA hockey for U. Mass at Amherst.

Surprised he lasted that long. I've been seeing his name pop up lately as a good sleeper defender in this draft.

Him & Makar going to U.Mass next year should be interesting (assuming the later sticks to going the college route).

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Surprised he lasted that long. I've been seeing his name pop up lately as a good sleeper defender in this draft.

Him & Makar going to U.Mass next year should be interesting (assuming the later sticks to going the college route).

Holy Crap! I thought he was gone a while ago!! He's definitely a sleeper. I have another that I hope makes it my way (just not Pittsburgh)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I've got a guy eligible for his third draft (I think) I'm waiting to grab in the 7th. I first discovered him as a free agent in NHL 17. Realized he was draft eligible earlier today and actually think he is worth a pick in the later rounds. I'm assuming he'll be there when the Sabres pick next round. We'll see...

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
There have been some really solid drafts for a lot of teams so far

Yep. The drop off a cliff comes a little earlier than usual in the 2nd (especially on D), but there are still tons of mid-round names like there are year in and year out.

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Yep. The drop off a cliff comes a little earlier than usual in the 2nd (especially on D), but there are still tons of mid-round names like there are year in and year out.

I think this draft suffers from a lack of eye-popping names. We've been spoiled over the last few and top-end talent leads to greater recognition of talent throughout.

However, when you break down the entire class into team-sized chunks, where everyone is looking at 4-10 names instead of 200, you can see the potential depth of this draft. Hell, my list is up to 400 names now, and I am certain there will be a decent set of unselected players leftover at the end.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
:bolts

With the 178th pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, Tampa selects from HV71, Filip Sveningsson.

------------------

I have now realized I have taken a forward at every pick. Tampa certainly would take a few defensemen knowing what their system needs are.....and likely would anyway. Whatever, it's all pretend, and I keep taking forwards with the assumption we will likely trade with Tampa for them in the years to come. We got that Hexy-Stevie connection.

I've got a guy eligible for his third draft (I think) I'm waiting to grab in the 7th. I first discovered him as a free agent in NHL 17. Realized he was draft eligible earlier today and actually think he is worth a pick in the later rounds. I'm assuming he'll be there when the Sabres pick next round. We'll see...

I think I might know who......but we'll see.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
:wild
:dunno::biglaugh: I guess the Minnesota Wild will select Samuel Dove McFalls, F, Saint John's of the QMJHL.

:cbj

The Blue Jackets select, from Djurgarden Jr., Jonatan Asplund, Defenseman.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If you're picking SDMF then I'm taking Oskar Lindblom with my next pick for the Sabres. Only fair.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Fine, I get Vorobyov!

Honestly though, i think it's very creative and like the pick. I'm guessing he's eligable this year?? No clue how that works..

We drafted him a couple years ago. Did we lose his rights or something or am I missing something?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"We invite the Ottawa Senators to come to the podium to make their next selection, please."

All eyes turn to the Senators' table ... which no longer exists. All electronic devices, stationery, refreshments, and furniture have been removed. The Senators' logo board is likewise nowhere to be seen.

Gary Bettman stands up on his Lil'Helper stool, a scowl growing on his face.

"Where the HELL has Melnyk gone to NOW!" he thunders into the microphone.

"We saw him and the rest of his team standing outside the arena early this morning," reports Marc Bergevin. "They had a pile of boxes around them. I thought that cheapskate was just taking home their remaining materials."

"They took our cell phones!" yells Kevin Cheveldayoff from the Winnipeg table.

"And our pens," blurts out Ken Holland.

"Every one of them had their parking validated," adds a stunned Stan Bowman. "They didn't even have a vehicle here."

"Hey, there's something stapled to the Maple Leafs logo," reports Bill Daly. "It's an envelope, addressed to you, Mr. Bettman."

A furious Gary Bettman grabs the envelope from Daly's hand, tears it open and begins reading.

Dear Gary and all.

Thanks for the free stuff. We checked out early since we didn't have a pick until the 6th Round. When our turn comes around, just pick someone decent. Take Michael Karow, defenseman from the Youngstown Phantoms of the USHL, if he's still around. He's going to Boston College, so I won't have to be forking out any cash to him in the near future.

Eugene,

P.S. You might want to send Bill over to the Motel 6 with the company credit card. We booked under your name, cleared out the room furniture, and the boys got a little crazy at the restaurant waffle house this morning!

P.P.S. Thanks for the Jumbotron, Rocky.

All attention snaps upward to see an unobstructed view to the arena ceiling.

Bettman puts his head in his hands. "Eugene, you penny-pinching son of a ..."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad