Flyers announce additions to hockey ops, including Wayne Simmonds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

1726256229366.png

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He made like 40 million in his career. I think he’s doing alright.
Compared to you and me, yeah. Compared to his peers? No. His biggest AAV contract was 1x5. Never played in any tax haven states other than Nashville for a couple months either.

Between his goal scoring, physical play, leadership, intangibles, fighting, etc., he pretty much checked every hockey guy box. With the right timing he's matching that $40 million with one ticket, if not more (see: Lucic).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What people have missed are two analytical hires, one with a MS in Mechanical Engineering and the other a woman with a MS in Data Analytics (or something like that).

Given those credentials, those aren't cheap hires. So Briere seems to value analytics.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
What people have missed are two analytical hires, one with a MS in Mechanical Engineering and the other a woman with a MS in Data Analytics (or something like that).

Given those credentials, those aren't cheap hires. So Briere seems to value analytics.

Who’s been fired in the FO aside from Hextall, Pryor, and Fletcher in the last decade?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Have the balls to bring back Timonen, or Voracek - and I’ll be low key impressed.

Like Simmonds, but just looks like more of the same.
Don't think Kimmo is interested (maybe Briere's job?) he's got a lot on his plate.

Voracek is fun but I doubt other than PR, he has skills for management.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

We shall see how uses the info they give him. If they tell him to trade Laughton you think he listens?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You said this about Fletcher.

We now know that they hire these people for the appearances, and then ignore them at every turn. It has been many many many years since this team has made a move that you can point to and say "they used analytics to win in the margin." I don't think they've EVER made such a move. Including this summer.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You said this about Fletcher.

We now know that they hire these people for the appearances, and then ignore them at every turn. It has been many many many years since this team has made a move that you can point to and say "they used analytics to win in the margin." I don't think they've EVER made such a move. Including this summer.
Ville Leino and Matt Read is all i can think of

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad