Proposal: Flyers’ Fire Sale

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The Flyers don't exactly have a roster full of players that the rest of the NHL will be queuing up for in the trade department, so I doubt they'll manage to acquire any truly talented players in return.
We'll see, but I see more of the same in the coming years for this franchise.

HFitzer

Mar 3, 2023
The Flyers don't exactly have a roster full of players that the rest of the NHL will be queuing up for in the trade department, so I doubt they'll manage to acquire any truly talented players in return.

Appleyard had a really interesting tweet thread on the stats around what it takes to be a contending team in the cap era.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3074326

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Well if they decide to do a true rebuild, i believe Konecny, Provorov, Hart, even Laughton would bring back enough good pieces to start afresh.

They would manage to acquire more players like 27 goals Tippett, a 1st and a 3rd for Giroux despite being handcuffed by player.

How many bottom 10 teams can offer better prime-time players?

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
From a neutral third party:

What's the cost on DeAngelo? I know it would typically be high but maybe teams have seen the red flags and don't want him?

I had idea around Zack Kassian and Patrick Nemeth for Tony DeAngelo (all 3 players are UFA 2024), with Arizona adding something and also offering a backup goalie swap of Ingram and Sandstrom, if Philly prefers Ingram.

I feel like Torts is done with DeAngelo, so a trade that kind of makes sense but isn't perfect would still be enough for Briere to say "okay whatever, get that kid out of my locker room".

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
im thinking risto being big,rugged,right hander age 28 makes him interesting to yzerman whose building a euro heavy roster . risto age making him in prime with still say 4 prime seasons left while yzerman wants to start marching into playoffs now

• Haha
Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

I think that's a little unfair. The roster isn't *too* bad, most of them couldn't fill big holes elsewhere but together they don't make a winning team. Your Koncency, Provorov, Sanheim, Laughtons of the world will be in demand though. I bet some idiot meathead GM would even take Risto.

Reactions: HFitzer

HFitzer

Mar 3, 2023
I think that's a little unfair. The roster isn't *too* bad, most of them couldn't fill big holes elsewhere but together they don't make a winning team. Your Koncency, Provorov, Sanheim, Laughtons of the world will be in demand though. I bet some idiot meathead GM would even take Risto.
Completely. That's been the problem in fact - mediocrity keeps you out of the playoffs most years (and kicked in the first round if you do manage to claw your way in) but doesn't let you sink to the bottom of the rankings among the truly horrible teams, so you don't get to draft the McDavids of the world either. We've been in the dead zone for years.

Reactions: captainpaxil

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The Flyers love him. It would take a massive overpayment.
This statement is so ridiculous, and, at the same time, so Flyers (and so true). Only the Flyers would over value a 30 year-old, barely 3rd pair Dman (on any other team he is not only in the AHL, but on an AHL contract)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
From a neutral third party:

What's the cost on DeAngelo? I know it would typically be high but maybe teams have seen the red flags and don't want him?

I had idea around Zack Kassian and Patrick Nemeth for Tony DeAngelo (all 3 players are UFA 2024), with Arizona adding something and also offering a backup goalie swap of Ingram and Sandstrom, if Philly prefers Ingram.

I feel like Torts is done with DeAngelo, so a trade that kind of makes sense but isn't perfect would still be enough for Briere to say "okay whatever, get that kid out of my locker room".
Probably a 2nd or something that equals the equivalent of that. I mean, we just traded a 2nd, 3rd and 4th for him. We don't need to trade him even if somehow these ridiculous rumors of "Torts wants him gone" are true. He has 1 year left.

im thinking risto being big,rugged,right hander age 28 makes him interesting to yzerman whose building a euro heavy roster . risto age making him in prime with still say 4 prime seasons left while yzerman wants to start marching into playoffs now
lol Detroit already has the equivalent big play-killing dummy in Chiarot, I think Stevie Y learned his lesson.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

It would indeed make him interesting to Yzerman, but only if:

a) Risto was a significantly better player

or

b) Yzerman was a significantly stupider GM

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: