Proposal: Florida & Utah

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Florida wins by a lot

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Florida wins by a little

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Dead even

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Utah wins by a little

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Utah wins by a lot

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
To Florida
Vejmelka-50% ret.(1.36aav)
‘24 FLA 2nd (prev.acquired)
‘25 EDM 2nd (prev.acquired)

To Utah
Spencer Knight (4.5aav)
Maybe a little bit to much but Utah has so many picks, I like it.

Why would Utah want a goalie that hasn’t played in 1.5 years and is unknown to be ready to play and if so, to what degree ?
He played in the AHL?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It’s probably fair. I’m in the boat of not wanting to trade Knight Becuase I feel he can still be special. That being said our money tied up in goalies is beyond rough.

Reactions: Anantika

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think this is a bit rich for Utah, but it's also a "who cares?" situation with Utah because they have like a billion 2nd rounders in the next few drafts.

Reactions: Dog

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I like this for both teams.

Utah gets a young goalie with starter potential. Florida gets an underrated goalie who can ease the burden on Bob down the stretch and two 2nds to replenish the prospect pool or trade chips.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
How about Knight just for Crouse?
:sarcasm:

No, please, don't hang up and block the number.

As for the proposal, the picks are nice but rather just get picks and re-sign Stolarz.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
How about Knight just for Crouse?
:sarcasm:

No, please, don't hang up and block the number.

As for the proposal, the picks are nice but rather just get picks and re-sign Stolarz.
I love Stolarz but Vejmelka is a lot better. Even if you choose to keep Bob, Vejmelka is consistently pretty good and has potential for vezina caliber goaltending, which Stolarz does not. Vejmelka wouldn't make Bob expendable by any means, but he's not getting any younger and Vejmelka would probably look really good behind Florida's defense, he did in Arizona and their defense sucks comparatively.

Why would Utah trade for an asset that may never play in the NHL again at the same level?

I'm glad Knight is out of player assistance, but OCD is not something that goes away. You can treat it and reduce it's affects, but it's always there. I hope it isn't crippling to him again, but is that something Utah wants to risk? Is that something any team wants to risk? Seems like Florida would also have it in their best interest to just keep him and see how he performs next year.

It isn't the hugest of risks to take but I'm pretty sure Vejmelka and that package of picks could fetch more than that, and I don't think goaltending is something they should target anyways. They've had plenty of success just signing guys, why do they need Knight?

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I'm not ready to give up on Knight yet, he has shown to be an excellent goalie when healthy and looks like his issues are behind him now. Bob is also 36 already and might not even finish his contract after winning the cup.

Reactions: scholl

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
What is Floridas goalie prospect pool like?
They already gave up Levi to Buffalo. So there's only Guzda. I doubt he's going to be a starter but Knight might. The only problem is that Knight received a big contract too early. If he earned $2m we wouldn't have this conversation.

I'm not ready to give up on Knight yet, he has shown to be an excellent goalie when healthy and looks like his issues are behind him now. Bob is also 36 already and might not even finish his contract after winning the cup.
There's $19.5m cap space but only 14 signed players. When they sign Reino and Lundy there might not be much space left. They need to sign at least 3 d-men. That's the only reason why they might trade Knight.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
There's $19.5m cap space but only 14 signed players. When they sign Reino and Lundy there might not be much space left. They need to sign at least 3 d-men. That's the only reason why they might trade Knight.

it's a possibility but there were rumors at the deadline that teams were asking about Knight and Zito said no so don't know what would've changed. He just had a healthy year and was their third string in the playoffs, I think he's going to get a real shot next year.

It's true that there is too much money tied in goaltending but I think Knight is their future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad