Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah he’s drunk with Matty

No Canadian team has anything to say. We all suck dude. Over 30 years? How many finals lost each?
If that's what you take from life then all the power to you. Try to enjoy the experiences even if they don't end the way you want them to. The win is part of the enjoyment, but the entire journey is much more of it.

I've personally had way worse takes.
I don't doubt that for even millisecond.

mediator

Jun 25, 2024
Finland
Most importantly

1719294466689.png

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If that's what you take from life then all the power to you. Try to enjoy the experiences even if they don't end the way you want them to. The win is part of the enjoyment, but the entire journey is much more of it.
Why do you think we all think of 2011 still. You guys will watch this run back 10 years from now. Just how it goes. Result sucks but it’s still fun. And opposing fans will still say something about it.

One day Canada!

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Congrats to Florida from an Oilers fan!
Disappointed with the outcome, but proud of the boys for clawing back the entire season. I'm more heartbroken for McDavid than anything.
But if the Panthers can win one after losing in the finals the year before, I'm optimistic about next year!

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Wouldn't be Vancouver, that's for sure. How can an awesome team like the Canucks lose to a shit tier team like the Oilers?

Wouldn't be Vancouver, that's for sure. How can an awesome team like the Canucks lose to a shit tier team like the Oilers?
Luck and injuries play a part of course

I'm pretty happy we were able to go 7 with a 3rd stringer with 10 games experience. Really shows how shit the oilers were that they need 7 games

Oilers had everything go their favor this playoffs and they still couldn't get it done

Must be demoralizing for the fans

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why do you think we all think of 2011 still. You guys will watch this run back 10 years from now. Just how it goes. Result sucks but it’s still fun. And opposing fans will still say something about it.

One day Canada!

Sid is best and always will be
I don't think I will. I was a child when 2006 happened to the Oilers so yeah I have nostalgia of that. But I feel like at some point you have to grow up and become an adult and realize winning and losing doesn't matter nearly as much as you think even as a die hard fan. All the experiences along the way are what really matter at the end of the day, but perhaps that's just a mindset. Maybe some people are so results based that they just completely ignore the process which is 99% of the journey. To each their own I suppose. The win is nice, but I'd rather lose and have this experience than not have this experience at all.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Luck and injuries play a part of course

I'm pretty happy we were able to go 7 with a 3rd stringer with 10 games experience. Really shows how shit the oilers were that they need 7 games

Oilers had everything go their favor this playoffs and they still couldn't get it done

Must be demoralizing for the fans
But you still lost just like we did. Always the little brother.

Damn right my friend!!

:cheers:
Sid would've drowned on the Oilers.

Reactions: snag

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
I don't think I will. I was a child when 2006 happened to the Oilers so yeah I have nostalgia of that. But I feel like at some point you have to grow up and become an adult and realize winning and losing doesn't matter nearly as much as you think even as a die hard fan. All the experiences along the way are what really matter at the end of the day, but perhaps that's just a mindset. Maybe some people are so results based that they just completely ignore the process which is 99% of the journey. To each their own I suppose. The win is nice, but I'd rather lose and have this experience than not have this experience at all.
Amen. Ultimately, whether my favourite team wins or loses has exactly zero effect on my life. Oilers lost? That sucks. I’m over it though - I’ve got my own life to live. See y’all next season!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't think I will. I was a child when 2006 happened to the Oilers so yeah I have nostalgia of that. But I feel like at some point you have to grow up and become and adult and realize winning and losing doesn't matter nearly as much as you think even as a die hard fan. All the experiences along the way are what really matter at the end of the day, but perhaps that's just a mindset. Maybe some people are so results based that they just completely ignore the process which is 99% of the journey. To each their own I suppose. The win is nice, but I'd rather lose and have this experience than not have this experience at all.
That’s what I’m saying though. I remember every small detail of my day on game days. How nice the weather was, watching with friends etc. The result could be different to cap off the journey but it was still fun as f***. Our lives don’t change, maybe for a week or so after we are a bit sad but life goes on.

Rivals will throw shots. That’s just sports.

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)

Good attitude and perspective. Couldn't agree with you more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad