GDT: florida man cane

we goin streakin'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raleighpig

Jul 17, 2018
She was the best of the three. She's a bit bland at times (not like she had much to work with considering the other two), but I'd rather have that than the Bucci schtick or Moore asking about carpooling and driving in the snow for the end of game interview.

And, yeah, like I was saying, Bucci was fun as the cult sport late night nobody cares NHL 2 Night guy, but that's beyond old as the PBP guy.
I thought the whole broadcast was painful to listen to. Turned the sound off in the 3rd.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
She was the best of the three. She's a bit bland at times (not like she had much to work with considering the other two), but I'd rather have that than the Bucci schtick or Moore asking about carpooling and driving in the snow for the end of game interview.

And, yeah, like I was saying, Bucci was fun as the cult sport late night nobody cares NHL 2 Night guy, but that's beyond old as the PBP guy.

all of ESPN's announcers for hockey have been terrible from everything I've seen. The difference in quality between their broadcasts and Turner's is absolutely massive.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I would just like to note that, for all of the derision directed at Buccigross and the love given to AJ Mleczko, regarding Kotkaniemi's goal specifically: Buccigross made the correct call in real time while Mleczko ID'ed the wrong player during a *replay* 40 seconds after the actual goal. Did she get fooled by the graphic? Perhaps. But she was fumbling from the outset the replay even prior to the graphic displaying.

I went back and watched the analysis following each goal and have to let all of you know that there couldn't be a more stark difference between Dominic Moore and AJ Mleczko. Go back and compare the analysis after each goal. Moore absolutely crushes it with his analysis while Mleczko can't get 5 consecutive words out plainly and meaningfully. She may typically be very good -- even I didn't notice anything substandard while watching live -- but her post-goal analysis was horrendous on this night. I dare say Tripp does better, and I think his hockey analysis is bottom-of-the-barrel.

But, with all that said, whining about announcers reeks of inferiority complex and I would love to see it stop.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
ohh i watched the game during new years supper , thanks NHL for friggin afternoon games , i was pissed off , CAN Kotch finnally play , dumb move for playing Rantaa in an important divisional game , and what was Slavin doing in the breakaway in overtime , i hate we gave the devil 1 point , the way we played Kotch they wouldnt have gotten any , happy grumpy new years for me

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
ohh i watched the game during new years supper , thanks NHL for friggin afternoon games , i was pissed off , CAN Kotch finnally play , dumb move for playing Rantaa in an important divisional game , and what was Slavin doing in the breakaway in overtime , i hate we gave the devil 1 point , the way we played Kotch they wouldnt have gotten any , happy grumpy new years for me
what the hell are you going on about? team won it's 11th straight and you are "pissed" and complaining about "dumb moves".

Reactions: geehaad

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Playing Rantaa because hes on a shutout streak , who cares , still would have that streak agains aother t
what the hell are you going on about? team won it's 11th straight and you are "pissed" and complaining about "dumb moves".
Dumb move meaning playing Rantaa cause his shoutout streak , he could still have had it againt another team another game , i would have played Kotch , these goals were weak and he got lucky , he was out of place and devils didnt score on it , yes it was a win , but a shootout , for me thats a tie , its shoudlnt be rewarded a point just an asterix , i just wanna see Kotch play 5 gamers straight before Andersen comes back and Kotch goes back to Chicago

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Playing Rantaa because hes on a shutout streak , who cares , still would have that streak agains aother t

Dumb move meaning playing Rantaa cause his shoutout streak , he could still have had it againt another team another game , i would have played Kotch , these goals were weak and he got lucky , he was out of place and devils didnt score on it , yes it was a win , but a shootout , for me thats a tie , its shoudlnt be rewarded a point just an asterix , i just wanna see Kotch play 5 gamers straight before Andersen comes back and Kotch goes back to Chicago
LOL.

How do you know Kochetkov isn't still nursing an injury?

Either way, your whining is downright ridiculous. Regardless if you call it a tie with an asterisk or not, the fact of the matter is the Canes got 2 points which is the goal at this point. Get over it.

Sheesh, 11 straight wins and HF user "whiskers" knows more than the coaching staff. Too funny.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I'm disagreeing with the "Buccigross is awful and AJ Mleczko is the best they have" opinion, but if this take is the best you could make of it, then that's on me, I guess.

all i saw was some whining about announcers, and a wise man said that doing that makes you seem like you have an inferiority complex :)

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
It looks like this thread won't die without a Bojangles parking lot meeting. Bring your opinions about announcers, SO wins and goaltender choices.

Next weeks agenda: 1st line Martinook, TT drunk or injured, NHL referees and low balling Dougie.

Topics in consideration: Will the Canes miss playoffs after 2 losses in a row, Whalers night, Ovechkin vs MT Knett and Injury announcements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad