Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I didn’t see the game last night. I was gonna go but with bridge construction still going on I decided against it, so I did not actually watch the game. I should also point out that Sarnia lost the previous night, were a bit bummed and I was going to post on their board that they should totally disregard any preseason results/team play. I was gonna use the 2021 example of Erie fans getting all hyped and calling Flint garbage after beating them at EIA like 8-1 or something then getting manhandled by Flint like 8 straight games that year once the real season started. That being said, the box score doesn’t look great allowing the Sting to comeback in the 3rd to tie-it up and then lose in a SO. Especislly when they played Nathan for a full 60 with essentially their starting DCore in the lineup. There’s a slim chance I decide to head to the game today but either way, I’ll be curious to see/hear how things go. I imagine they gave Day the nod because he’ll be heading to Oilers camp soon but I’d really like to see what Sutherland has in net. Does Flint have 2 OHL level goalies right now or 3?

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I didn’t see the game last night. I was gonna go but with bridge construction still going on I decided against it, so I did not actually watch the game. I should also point out that Sarnia lost the previous night, were a bit bummed and I was going to post on their board that they should totally disregard any preseason results/team play. I was gonna use the 2021 example of Erie fans getting all hyped and calling Flint garbage after beating them at EIA like 8-1 or something then getting manhandled by Flint like 8 straight games that year once the real season started. That being said, the box score doesn’t look great allowing the Sting to comeback in the 3rd to tie-it up and then lose in a SO. Especislly when they played Nathan for a full 60 with essentially their starting DCore in the lineup. There’s a slim chance I decide to head to the game today but either way, I’ll be curious to see/hear how things go. I imagine they gave Day the nod because he’ll be heading to Oilers camp soon but I’d really like to see what Sutherland has in net. Does Flint have 2 OHL level goalies right now or 3?
Wondering if each goalie just gets a game. Tonight might be Brown, and Sutherland gets the last one.

There was too much college football on yesterday, but I had it on 1 of the screens and had a little bit of my attention. . Cunningham was wearing a cage. Might be on a B card? Wondering if they keep the younger Colosimo if that's the case? I know he played too, couldn't tell if he had a cage or not.

Mason Taylor also was wearing a cage.

Reactions: Savard18

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Cages Today-
J. Colosimo
C. Colosimo
B. Cooke
M. Taylor
R. Cunningham
J. D'Arcy

So who knows lol

Brown in net today tho.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Interesting re number of cage wearers, should not of Windsor's 27 skaters on exhibition roster none are wearing cages,which means all are signed players.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Interesting re number of cage wearers, should not of Windsor's 27 skaters on exhibition roster none are wearing cages,which means all are signed players.
Pretty sure every one of our caged players is signed. Until they definitively make the regular season roster they stay in cages.

Reactions: Savard18

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Pretty sure every one of our caged players is signed. Until they definitively make the regular season roster they stay in cages.
Interesting because 5 players by Windsor all are 16 and signed and none of them wore cages and I think though signed are headed for Jr B

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Interesting because 5 players by Windsor all are 16 and signed and none of them wore cages and I think though signed are headed for Jr B
Don't know what to tell you but that's how it has always been here for the ten years the team has been here.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Don't know what to tell you but that's how it has always been here for the ten years the team has been here.
Going to assume it's a team thinglerslthen league.
Now should be noted if any of said players go to Jr B,if they return they have wear the cage the piece of equipment his other team is mandated to use.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Going to assume it's a team thinglerslthen league.
Now should be noted if any of said players go to Jr B,if they return they have wear the cage the piece of equipment his other team is mandated to use.
Well Taylor, Cooke, and D'arcy all belong to Leamington I believe, are on B cards and Taylor and D'Arcy were up for a few games last year then sent back. That would put them right in the return from junior b cage rule. J. Colosimo would also be in the same circumstance. All 4 are up from GOJHL teams on b cards so unless they make the regular season roster It would be cages under that rule. Cunningham and C. Colosimo are both in our top 5 picks from this years draft. I expect no decision has been made as of yet to keep either on the regular season roster so until then they like will belong to Leamington. Doesn't seem unusual that all would be in cages until a decision not to send them down is made. Don't know enough about Windsor's prospects to speculate on where they all sit in the final roster.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Wonder if this opens the door for them to keep Christian Colosimo as one of the 4 - 16 year olds on the team with his older brother.
Possibly. I don’t think it’s a good idea trying to find ice-time for 4 16yo forwards anyway. It’ll be better for his development getting solid ice-time every night with the Legionnaires as opposed to playing 4-5-6 minutes every other game in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad