Proposal: Fleury to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
I think the Blackhawks need to be torn completely down and don’t want Fleury’s HOF career tarnished.

Would Pittsburgh fans take him with 50% retention for future considerations? Any bad deals you want Chicago to take back?

Pittsburgh doesn't need Fleury at all. Can we stop this nonsense? Stupid idea.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I think the Blackhawks need to be torn completely down and don’t want Fleury’s HOF career tarnished.

Would Pittsburgh fans take him with 50% retention for future considerations? Any bad deals you want Chicago to take back?
Hextall , Burke don't want Fluery .

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Might help the case if Fleury looked good, better yet if half his salary was not looking like overpayment.

Fleury might be back next year as a free agent on the cheap if he wants to play out the string with the crew where it all started. Don’t see it happen any other way unless it is a complete bargain.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
LMAOOOOO

Pens fans absolutely despise Fleury and can’t go a thread without degrading him in someway. This is never going to happen, especially at his age
Despise him? No. It would be hard to find a Pens fan that actually has that level of negative emotion toward him. Huge frustration toward some of his playoff performances sure, frustration in the past when he would leave the net to play any and every puck with his stick like a dog chasing a tire? Sure.

But outside of some frustrations with him, he is pretty massively adored by the fan base as a whole. At least as a person.

Now will every Pens fan be clamoring for his return? No. I’d say it’ll probably be 50/50, or split 3 way with yes, no, or indifferent. Put me in the indifferent camp. I’d welcome him back to welcome Fleury back. But I’m not sure he’d be the correct fit at the moment?

Last edited:

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Whether Fleury should return to Pittsburgh or not, I just want to point out that I don't think his career will be tarnished by playing for Chicago, as the OP suggests. He had nothing to do with what happened and did not choose to be traded.

Reactions: Lustaf

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
buddy if you can find a way to get that contract off the books you don't look that gift horse in the mouth
Matheson is the only D we have outside of Letang that really creates offensively, and he can do some things that Tanger can't. He has defensive warts at times, but on a 2nd or 3rd pairing it's fine. My only real issue with him is that we have Dumoulin, Matheson, Pettersson down the left, with POJ knocking on the door and no room to play him. If Math or POJ could play RD effectively, we'd be in business.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Matheson is the only D we have outside of Letang that really creates offensively, and he can do some things that Tanger can't. He has defensive warts at times, but on a 2nd or 3rd pairing it's fine. My only real issue with him is that we have Dumoulin, Matheson, Pettersson down the left, with POJ knocking on the door and no room to play him. If Math or POJ could play RD effectively, we'd be in business.

he makes 5 million dollars against the cap for like 30 more years if theres a team out there willing to take him without us giving up assets you f***ing trip over yourself to do it I don't care if he gets possessed by the spirit of Bobby Orr like 5 times per year he still aint worth it opportunity cost wise lol you people are nuts man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad