Proposal: Fleury to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I think the Blackhawks need to be torn completely down and don’t want Fleury’s HOF career tarnished.

Would Pittsburgh fans take him with 50% retention for future considerations? Any bad deals you want Chicago to take back?

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I think the Blackhawks need to be torn completely down and don’t want Fleury’s HOF career tarnished.

Would Pittsburgh fans take him with 50% retention for future considerations? Any bad deals you want Chicago to take back?
BLACKHAWKS wont do this unless they totally benefit ,PASS

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
LMAOOOOO

Pens fans absolutely despise Fleury and can’t go a thread without degrading him in someway. This is never going to happen, especially at his age

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

If the $$ could be worked out the penguins fan base would welcome him back with open arms. What a mentor to jarry. The current pens boneheads though have no love for MAF and that's why it didn't happen already. Combine that with a good start from.jarry and the pens and there is no need.
As far as bad contracts going back, zucker seems like the odd duck out. Pettersen has a good start and eased the trade rumors a bit. Perhaps ZAR

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No. Unless you can find a bunch of teams to knock his salary WAY down, not a chance.

I don't want MAF back on the Penguins for a myriad of reasons, one of them is play, but there are many others.

Reactions: BillyOcean

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Ill happily take Flower back. 50% retained for Desmith and a low pick.

Done.

At this point, with Chicago being such a mess, I would like to see them trade Flower to either Pitts or even a team like MTL if he wants to go.

Fleury @ 50% for DeSmith and a 4th
Fleury for Allen

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A Fleury to Pittsburgh deal would have to involve a 3rd team retaining half on Fleury as well, in addition to the Hawks.

It would have to be something like:

Pittsburgh gets Fleury at 25%
Chicago gets DeSmith and retains 50% on Fleury
Arizona get a 4th and retains 25% on Fleury

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
A Fleury to Pittsburgh deal would have to involve a 3rd team retaining half on Fleury as well, in addition to the Hawks.

It would have to be something like:

Pittsburgh gets Fleury at 25%
Chicago gets DeSmith and retains 50% on Fleury
Arizona get a 4th and retains 25% on Fleury

~$1.4m in real cash for Arizona and uses their last retention slot. If I’m AZ I’d be asking for a 2nd.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
LMAOOOOO

Pens fans absolutely despise Fleury and can’t go a thread without degrading him in someway. This is never going to happen, especially at his age
why would a GM worry about whether or not their fans like the player?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Closer to the deadline, if the Pens look like playoff contenders and the Hawks do not, then yeah I could see us picking up some Jarry insurance. We'd need to be pretty confident it wouldn't torpedo Jarry's confidence, but whatever.

Returning assets wise, I don't know. With so many players out of the lineup, our role players are playing elevated roles and performing. In the off-season most were looking for ways to jettison Zucker or Pettersson for cap space, but both have majorly stepped up with all the missing bodies, and I doubt we would want to lose either right now. This could be a rebuild on the fly situation where the players performing well get elevated and those that aren't fitting Sully's system get sent out. We will see.

Reactions: Extra Texture

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't know of any team who has gotten a 2nd rounder to retain salary for 1 season.

It’s very rare for a 3rd party to retain that much in real dollars 23%, ~$1.4m for a MAF trade right now. Most of these double retention trades are deadline deals where the 3rd team is retaining 5.4% of the contract for $150k to $500k in real cash.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad