GDT: Flames vs. Canucks: Sept. 15th: 5:30 PM PDT/6:30 PM MDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
this should be an interesting game, the canucks should have a serious "home" advantage and their prospects are quite good, sans how bad Gaunce was their last game. ima go with 5-4 Flames in OT cuz im a homer

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Jets have a better prospect pool than Vancouver and have goalie prospects. Vancouver did improve their pool though.

I guess looking at it a bit more I can definitely see where you're coming from, I suppose I agree with you. It's still really, really close for me, though.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
this should be an interesting game, the canucks should have a serious "home" advantage and their prospects are quite good, sans how bad Gaunce was their last game. ima go with 5-4 Flames in OT cuz im a homer

Apparently their defensive prospect pool is a straight tire fire, though. Worse than Calgary's.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Apparently their defensive prospect pool is a straight tire fire, though. Worse than Calgary's.

I definitely would not go that far, especially since they've got Jeremie Blain on the roster, who is vastly underrated and a good shot at being a top pairing defender. Edmonton's defensive roster at this tournament is pretty ****ing bad, though, since they don't have Klefbom or Marincin with them.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I definitely would not go that far, especially since they've got Jeremie Blain on the roster, who is vastly underrated and a good shot at being a top pairing defender. Edmonton's defensive roster at this tournament is pretty ****ing bad, though, since they don't have Klefbom or Marincin with them.

At the NHL level? That would be a big stretch.. hes essentially their version of Ramage.

Aug 3, 2010
They have Corrado and one otherp player whose name I can't recall who will be likely top-4 players but the might not be in the tournament.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
At the NHL level? That would be a big stretch.. hes essentially their version of Ramage.

You're only saying that because both players were sent down to the E, they are two different prospects with different development paths. All I've seen out of him is that when he was drafted, he wasn't seen as much besides a depth defenseman in the system, but year after year he improves and looks like he could legitimately be a good all-around player in this league.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
You're only saying that because both players were sent down to the E, they are two different prospects with different development paths. All I've seen out of him is that when he was drafted, he wasn't seen as much besides a depth defenseman in the system, but year after year he improves and looks like he could legitimately be a good all-around player in this league.

No, I am saying it because hes a marginal prospect at best, just like Ramage. I bet you not 1 Canuck fan on this board would project him as a top pairing guy.

Aug 3, 2010
Subban, maybe? He honestly looks pretty promising.

No, it's not Subban though I guess that would up their 'D prospects with NHL promis' to three. I think his last name starts with an E. Or something. On my cell phone so I can't check right now.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
No, I am saying it because hes a marginal prospect at best, just like Ramage. I bet you not 1 Canuck fan on this board would project him as a top pairing guy.

Looking at it again, I might amend that to #3 defenseman, but he's considered by Canucks fans to be their top defensive prospect in the system, and I agree with them. Ramage is marginal, yes, but Blain is not. He just needs time, and to not get injured like he did last year.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
No, it's not Subban though I guess that would up their 'D prospects with NHL promis' to three. I think his last name starts with an E. Or something. On my cell phone so I can't check right now.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

A lot of people seem to think Tryamkin is hot **** although he's not much besides a big Russian body. Other than that, the pool is pretty dry, yes. However, their defensive roster itself at this tournament is probably about as good as the Flames', since Wotherspoon's not playing.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Looking at it again, I might amend that to #3 defenseman, but he's considered by Canucks fans to be their top defensive prospect in the system, and I agree with them. Ramage is marginal, yes, but Blain is not. He just needs time, and to not get injured like he did last year.

I don't know where you are getting this from but no they do not, they didn't even pick him in their prospect poll yet and they are at #25...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1719893&highlight=who+canucks

EDIT: Looks like they actually stopped at 25, they didn't even bother to RANK HIM:

9 of their other D made the list.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1486113

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I don't know where you are getting this from but no they do not, they didn't even pick him in their prospect poll yet and they are at #25...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1719893&highlight=who+canucks

EDIT: Looks like they actually stopped at 25, they didn't even bother to RANK HIM:

9 of their other D made the list.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1486113

That poll is garbage regardless. They've got guys like Corrado, a bottom-pairing guy for certain above Cassels, Subban and McEneny, and Tryamkin, a guy who will probably never play in the NHL also above Subban, McEneny and Cederholm as well as Zalewski, who could legitimately be a middle-sixer someday.

I don't know what would compel them not to put him in their top 25, but each and every year Blain has looked better than the year before. He has a load of physicality, the ability to score points and a good head for the game. If he hadn't gotten injured last year he'd be a mainstay on the AHL roster. You can't just say that because Canucks fans don't care about him that he's not better than they think.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That poll is garbage regardless. They've got guys like Corrado, a bottom-pairing guy for certain above Cassels, Subban and McEneny, and Tryamkin, a guy who will probably never play in the NHL also above Subban, McEneny and Cederholm as well as Zalewski, who could legitimately be a middle-sixer someday.

I don't know what would compel them not to put him in their top 25, but each and every year Blain has looked better than the year before. He has a load of physicality, the ability to score points and a good head for the game. If he hadn't gotten injured last year he'd be a mainstay on the AHL roster. You can't just say that because Canucks fans don't care about him that he's not better than they think.

Ill take the opinion of 100+ Canuck fans on their own prospect over 1 guy, nothing personal, I am sure you have watched him and have reasons to think so highly of him. I have to say though, I think you are alone in that opinion.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Ill take the opinion of 100+ Canuck fans on their own prospect over 1 guy, nothing personal, I am sure you have watched him and have reasons to think so highly of him. I have to say though, I think you are alone in that opinion.

I getcha. I must seem like a big Blain homer right now, but idk I just really think he's got it all and expect him to make a splash in Utica next year. I guess it's up to time to tell whether he can be an NHL defenseman or a total bust. I'll say this, though, I think it's probably a longer shot than normal for him to make it at this point considering how long he's spent in development (four years now, going on five).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I getcha. I must seem like a big Blain homer right now, but idk I just really think he's got it all and expect him to make a splash in Utica next year. I guess it's up to time to tell whether he can be an NHL defenseman or a total bust. I'll say this, though, I think it's probably a longer shot than normal for him to make it at this point considering how long he's spent in development (four years now, going on five).

Interesting, well if you turn out to be right you can tell everyone you told us so. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad