Speculation: Flames Trek II - The Wrath of Don (Calgary Flames GM Search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
lack of facial expressions to hide the utter devastation

1683684135009.png

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Did I hear right that Maloney wants a GM installed within 2 weeks? Is there even a short list (please refrain from telling me anything Elliotte Friedman made up.)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Did I hear right that Maloney wants a GM installed within 2 weeks? Is there even a short list (please refrain from telling me anything Elliotte Friedman made up.)
I didn't hear this personally but I wouldn't be surprised. They probably want someone in place for the draft.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
While it’s been whisper-quiet from the Saddledome, the new president of hockey ops has indicated that the ideal scenario would be to hire a GM before the Flames’ amateur scouting meetings later this month. He did sign Walker Duehr to a two-year contract extension but would rather leave any roster re-tooling to the incoming hire, whoever that may be.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

lol nothing ever changes

“Right now, I just look at players to say, ‘OK, who’s underperforming? Who might be available?’” he replied. “One thing that is abundantly clear is just get to the playoffs. You have to get there. You don’t need home ice. Yeah, it helps, but this year, I don’t know how much it makes a difference. So get there, and hopefully you’re ascending to your peak. To hit at the right time, that’s important. But these playoffs, when you see Colorado going down and Boston going down, you’re thinking, ‘Man, just get there and see what happens.’

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The team is a cap team, of course the goal is playoffs.

They aren't spending $100 million (roster + coaches + adim) to tank for picks.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I know in another thread I said Dubas wouldn't come here but... I really hope we push hard for him. He fits the mold that Maloney put out there (young, progressive). This is depending of course Toronto moves on from him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I know in another thread I said Dubas wouldn't come here but... I really hope we push hard for him. He fits the mold that Maloney put out there (young, progressive). This is depending of course Toronto moves on from him.
I haven’t liked many of his depth moves. Basically Brodie was his best move IMO. The Sandin move is a head scratcher.

Actually looking at his transactions page he’s been a pretty brutal GM.

Reactions: viper0220

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

That Matthews contract alone should be reason enough to never hire him.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Young and progressive BUT Calgary isn’t built like a Dubas team so he would want to tear it down and then build it up and he has the experience and credentials to demand that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad