Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Ryan Lomberg (2 years, $2m)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Yes. There are always injuries. We used 20 different forwards last year.
I’m not sure “injury replacements” are what we should be aiming for in a rebuild for two 1st round picks. Especially Coronato who showed incredibly well at the end of the year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’m not sure “injury replacements” are what we should be aiming for in a rebuild for two 1st round picks. Especially Coronato who showed incredibly well at the end of the year.
My point was that even if they don't start the season that way, they'll still probably play a lot

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The reality is, if Lomberg and Frk take their spot, they likely weren't ready anyways. Coronato likely takes Mangi's spot in the middle 6. That means Pelletier is competing with Frk, Lombo, Rooney, Duehr, Hunt, and Klapka. There is essentially 3 spots for those 7 people (that includes 13th forward). And that's not necessarily for a 4th line role, as Coronato (still competing but his spot to lose), Pospisil, and Zary are all flexible between 2nd and 4th lines, so if Pelletier makes it, it could be anywhere on those three lines.

I'm looking at it as:
Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Mantha (Mantha being pump-and-trade, opening up another spot later)
Zary-Kadri-Kuzmenko
Coleman-Backlund-Coronato
Lomberg-Pospisil-x
x

Those x's are the biggest wildcards, but that doesn't mean that Coronato doesn't get sent down if he doesn't outperform. And with Mantha almost certainly getting traded, and potentially Kuzmenko, there's almost certainly incentive to be the guy (whether it's Coronato, Pelletier) to step up and be put in a top scoring role. It's also why someone like Zary and Pospisil are so flexible in this lineup, as wing or center, and anywhere from 2nd to 4th line.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
The reality is, if Lomberg and Frk take their spot, they likely weren't ready anyways. Coronato likely takes Mangi's spot in the middle 6. That means Pelletier is competing with Frk, Lombo, Rooney, Duehr, Hunt, and Klapka. There is essentially 3 spots for those 7 people (that includes 13th forward). And that's not necessarily for a 4th line role, as Coronato (still competing but his spot to lose), Pospisil, and Zary are all flexible between 2nd and 4th lines, so if Pelletier makes it, it could be anywhere on those three lines.

I'm looking at it as:
Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Mantha (Mantha being pump-and-trade, opening up another spot later)
Zary-Kadri-Kuzmenko
Coleman-Backlund-Coronato
Lomberg-Pospisil-x
x

Those x's are the biggest wildcards, but that doesn't mean that Coronato doesn't get sent down if he doesn't outperform. And with Mantha almost certainly getting traded, and potentially Kuzmenko, there's almost certainly incentive to be the guy (whether it's Coronato, Pelletier) to step up and be put in a top scoring role. It's also why someone like Zary and Pospisil are so flexible in this lineup, as wing or center, and anywhere from 2nd to 4th line.
I’m sorry, I may be misunderstanding this, but Zary should not sniff the 4th line. That would be pretty much the worst thing Huska could do with this lineup.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad