Prospect Info: Flames sign Laurent Brossoit to ELC ($925k AAV)

TylerSVT*

Contract terms: Three year entry level contract at $566,700 per season with an average annual value of $925,000.

Nice to get him signed.

Im assuming he is our AHL starter next year then.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I get that we want to have Ortio acclimatized himself to NA but I think the competition is better where he is than the ECHL.

It is more of I want Berra to start in the AHL for a month before he comes to the nhl and so for that month I think letting Ortio play in the ECHL is the best option.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I really hope we dump Brust, Taylor and Ward next year. Get a coach more like Hartley and let our goalies that actually have upside play.

TylerSVT*

I really hope we dump Brust, Taylor and Ward next year. Get a coach more like Hartley and let our goalies that actually have upside play.

Brust isnt signed for the Flames. He can walk anytime.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Is Kipper actually retiring next year? If so, I'd want to see Ramo/Berra in the NHL and Brossoit/Ortio in the AHL. In two years, whoever is the worst of the 4 can be dropped to make room for Gilles

Hayward34

Feb 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Is Kipper actually retiring next year? If so, I'd want to see Ramo/Berra in the NHL and Brossoit/Ortio in the AHL. In two years, whoever is the worst of the 4 can be dropped to make room for Gilles

Why Berra in the NHL? According to hockey's future he is a 6 out of 10 and probability of success is D. I think it should be Irving/Ramo NHL and Brossoit/Taylor/Ortio AHL.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Why Berra in the NHL? According to hockey's future he is a 6 out of 10 and probability of success is D. I think it should be Irving/Ramo NHL and Brossoit/Taylor/Ortio AHL.
Irving is a Group (6?) UFA next season - no chance he's coming back after the way he's been treated by the organization, even if he was good enough.

Has it been confirmed that Kipper is retiring after this season? If so, we're probably looking at a Ramo / Berra tandem to start with the Flames, with Brossoit and Ortio(if he comes over?) in the AHL. If not, then it will likely be Kipper & whoever impresses more in training camp (Ramo or Berra) with the other going to the AHL with Brossoit, or back to Europe.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Has it been confirmed that Kipper is retiring after this season?

Confirmed as in Kipper saying anything either way? No.

But it is highly speculated, with Dreger saying Kipper turned down the extension offer from the Leafs partly because he planned on retiring this summer.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Confirmed as in Kipper saying anything either way? No.

But it is highly speculated, with Dreger saying Kipper turned down the extension offer from the Leafs partly because he planned on retiring this summer.

It was also speculated that Kipper would only go to Toronto if he got an extension so who knows at this point.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009

Reason for D success: It was believed that he would never come to the NHL. But he just signed with the Flames...

Also, the 6 out of 10 is pretty inaccurate since goalies are impossible to project. 6/10 goalies have turned into superstars. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/pekka_rinne/

While 9/10 goalies have become flops

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
Got to love Brossoit's current playoff stats so far!!!
7 GP
3 SO
0.69 GAA
0.972 Save %

Hopefully he turns out to be a great NHL goalie for the Flames for many years and a steal with a 6th round pick

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
How has irving been treated unfairly? Hes played poorly in ahl and nhl....

He really was not that bad in his brief time in the NHL, but clearly the Flames were more content with giving a veteran MacDonald and a first-time NHLer Danny Taylor the shots over Irving. I'd be extremely pissed off if I'm Irving, and you can bet I'd be out of here the first chance I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00