GDT: Flames @ Red Wings, Nov 20 5:30 PM MT, SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Ferland and Monahan now have the same number points this season.

Eight points, through 20 games.

Ferland's been fantastic; hope he gets a middle to long term deal this summer.

Also, keep Hathaway in the NHL. Waive Chiasson if you have to.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jesus. Since his hat trick in the first game, Colborne has just 1 assist with zero goals in 16 games.
The whole Avs team has been terrible but last I knew Colborne was playing with an over the hill Iginla and Soderberg who overachieved greatly last year

May 27, 2012
Earth
Why is Backlund so good?

Backlund_Nov18_slide.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ferland and Monahan now have the same number points this season.

Eight points, through 20 games.

Ferland's been fantastic; hope he gets a middle to long term deal this summer.

Also, keep Hathaway in the NHL. Waive Chiasson if you have to.

I'd love a 5 year, 2.25 million per type of deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd love a 5 year, 2.25 million per type of deal.
It's funny that people ***** and cry about Bouma's deal which was short term, but now want to give Ferland one that has a higher AAV and for a longer term, all based on 20 games.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
It's funny that people ***** and cry about Bouma's deal which was short term, but now want to give Ferland one that has a higher AAV and for a longer term, all based on 20 games.

I'd give Ferland a one or two year deal around 1.5m/2s. Make him prove he can produce a few years in a row. Gotta know he's more than a 4th liner to get anything longer

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I like Ferland, but I'm worried he might get a "power forward" type of overpay after a good shooting% season. GMs tends to pay forwards based on counting stats over the past two seasons so hopefully that's what will happen.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Ferland has not been great tonight, but he's been one of the most consistent Flames all year. I hope he can be signed long term as well. 2.25 seems a little pricy, but it wouldn't be near the worst contract on this team.

Monahan could be replaced by several people from the AHL squad with the way he's playing right now. He doesn't take any initiative and tries to force every single goddamn pass he makes through at least 1 pair of skates, then acts all surprised when it turns into a giveaway. He has two ++ NHL attributes, and it's looking like he went blind over the summer and he's also not using his (elite) shot when he can. That leaves us with a scoring center who isn't scoring and is barely worth a third of the new contract he signed.

I continue to pray that Vegas takes Brouwer off this team. I like that he plays a very composed, responsible game. He seems to be in the right places in order to contribute, but he doesn't end up affecting anything. Bobbling pucks everywhere, misses checks. He's got to step it up.

I like that Engelland has decided to play within himself. He's been solid, and much better than expected. Kulak has become a bit more of an adventure lately, but Engelland has usually had his back when he tries to get fancy.

Wideman looks completely done, and that saddens me. Brodie also needs to be a little more selfish, skate the puck out more.

Overall the Flames are playing much better than they have so far this year. I think I've seen more forechecking in the last ~3 games than all of last season. They've been creating turnovers and getting great chances. It seems really odd to me that GG's system is working so well for the pluggers on this team and yet the skilled guys are having career-worst years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd give Ferland a one or two year deal around 1.5m/2s. Make him prove he can produce a few years in a row. Gotta know he's more than a 4th liner to get anything longer
I could handle 2 years with a 1.5 AAV, but that would be top end. But I'd still wait until the season is over to make sure this isn't just another one of those small good stretches he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad