Flames' Percentages (Predictions) Thread:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Pretty sure the math checks out.

Fun fact. The 77% percentage is the same percentage I perceive that Mark Jankowski at UFA will still be a Calgary Flame. Unfortunate he didn't pan out for us... but oh well.

Is that by season's end, "What percentage chance will Mark Jankowski be a Calgary Flame?"

And your guess is 77% chance he will be? That sounds like pretty good chance he'll still be around.

And question #6.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Questions # 5 and #6 have expired.

Percentage Question #7:

"What percentage chance do the Flames make the playoffs?"

My optimistic answer:

60%

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What the heck? No clue what this is.

Sorry, my bad. This is why many of my posts are walls of texts. It should have actually been more like this:

In response to the question 7: What is the percentage that Flames make the playoffs...

With Geoff Ward behind the bench:

G30FF W4R0

30-40% chance of making playoffs.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Geoff Ward. I don't know a ton about his style, but I actually kinda like him already (not sure why though) and I think he might possibly be the next bench boss and for longer than a partial season. He just has some sort of... aura. Calming, yet specific and firm.

I just think this season is so tumultuous that if we legitimately kick Peters to the curb, our team will be too distracted to give Ward a fair shake and too distracted to string enough wins together for ploffs. Thus, this is the perfect season to retool. Charge back into the fray next season stronger and hungrier.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Sorry, my bad. This is why many of my posts are walls of texts. It should have actually been more like this:

Now don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Geoff Ward. I don't know a ton about his style, but I actually kinda like him already (not sure why though) and I think he might possibly be the next bench boss and for longer than a partial season. He just has some sort of... aura. Calming, yet specific and firm.

I just think this season is so tumultuous that if we legitimately kick Peters to the curb, our team will be too distracted to give Ward a fair shake and too distracted to string enough wins together for ploffs. Thus, this is the perfect season to retool. Charge back into the fray next season stronger and hungrier.

Ahhh, ok. Gotcha, that makes sense.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Question #7 has expired

Question #8

"What percentage chance will Johnny Gaudreau hit 25 goals this season?"

- my guess: 11% chance Johnny hits 25 goals or more.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Question #7 has expired

Question #8

"What percentage chance will Johnny Gaudreau hit 25 goals this season?"

- my guess: 11% chance Johnny hits 25 goals or more.

JG has only hit 25 goals twice in his whole career and has hit 24 twice. I give it a lucky 13% he hits or exceeds 25 goals.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
JG has only hit 25 goals twice in his whole career and has hit 24 twice. I give it a lucky 13% he hits or exceeds 25 goals.

Yeah, it's looking like even 20 goals is a stretch right now. Similar guesses you and I. And I got the 13 part lol :naughty:

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2