GDT: Flames go to Greaserville Saturday Oct. 15 - 8:00 pm game start

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Waiting for the top line to get going. 2nd and 4th(!) Line has been great so far. 3rd line is good enough, but top line isnt doing much rn

Reactions: Boomstick

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
g7WVS5i.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Flames earned every inch of that win. That was a veteran performance by a veteran team in enemy territory. Loved the pressure the Flames put on the puck tonight. Pouring out a stiff one for the local hockey team.

Great : Vladar was very impressive. Shut the door when called upon. More starts for Vlad is a good thing. Tanev was quietly incredible, everything we were missing in round 2 last year. The 2nd line of Mangiapane-Kadri-Dube also excellent. Mike f***ING Stone holy shit dude save some for the rest of the season , Is Kylington's job in jeopardy?

Very good : Both special teams I liked a lot, even if you want a little more scoring from the PP. Hanifin and Andersson I felt really good about. Noah showed up in this one. Weegar I like this player a lot, made great quick decisions and very physical breaking up the cycle. Backlund, Lewis, and Coleman that's what I like to see defensively, PIA against the Oilers all night. Lucic made Evander look invisible, quality physical presence. Toffoli again I liked but he's got to finish.

Good : Lindy was solid. Zadorov when he makes the smart small simple play is really quite a good NHL dman. Ritchie was skating well, maybe I've judged this player too harshly.

So so : Huberdeau a little too hesitant, not moving his feet enough. Overall not a liability tho. Rooney definitely played and did stuff.

Complete shit : Draisaitl was garbo. Oilers also were diving all over the place.

Last edited:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Gotta wonder if they're holding the C back as incentive for Lindholm to re-sign but yeah, just give it to Kadri

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Kadri is still ridiculously underrated
Same with Hubby since he was down in Florida. Was freaking beautiful to watch that game. Ah so glad you guys won!

I genuinely did not realize Kadri would be this good, this guys a stud
We always loved him...just had horrendous playoff luck with us. If someone sneezed refs would put Kadri in the box. Then cap juggling...I was happy when he won it with the avs.
It begins

they'll realize soon...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad