Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Flames prospects to be on display at development camp

Here’s how the camp will look

Team Crisp
Forwards
: Luke Misa, Hunter Laing, Jacob Battaglia, William Stromgren, Jaden Lipinski, Lucas Ciona, David Silye, Aydar Suniev, Trevor Hoskin, Carter King
Defence: Hunter Brzustewicz, Henry Mews, Joni Jurmo, Axel Hurtig, Isa Parekh, Hayden Hennen
Goalies: Callum Tung, Matt Radomsky, Connor Murphy
Team MacNeil
Forwards:
Matt Coronato, Luke McNamara, Sam Honzek, Sam Morton, Andrew Basha, Matvei Gridin, Cade Littler, Trevor Janicke, Parker Bell, Kaden Bohlsen
Defence: Artem Grushnikov, Rowan Topp, Eric Jamieson, Etienne Morin, Zayne Parekh, Evan Murr
Goalies: Zach Pelletier, Yegor Yegorov, Ethan McCallum
Schedule

Thursday, July 4

Team MacNeil
10:45 a.m. On-Ice Evaluation

12 p.m. Off-Ice Workout

Team Crisp
10 a.m. Off-Ice Workout

12 p.m. On-Ice Evaluation

Friday, July 5

Team MacNeil
9:15 a.m. Off-Ice Workout

10:45 a.m. On-Ice Evaluation

Team Crisp
9:45 a.m. On-Ice Evaluation

10:45 a.m. Off-Ice Workout

Saturday, July 6

10:30-11:30 a.m. 3-on-3 scrimmage

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Doesn't matter who they are. He is trying to steal jobs from them. :nod:

That's one way to answer.
He’s definitely got a personality. He kind of reminds of Tkachuk in terms of his confidence. He also seems extremely intelligent, I feel like this kid is going to be a top scoring dman in the NHL and will do whatever it takes on his side to become that. He’s very self aware.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He’s definitely got a personality. He kind of reminds of Tkachuk in terms of his confidence. He also seems extremely intelligent, I feel like this kid is going to be a top scoring dman in the NHL and will do whatever it takes on his side to become that. He’s very self aware.
He is extremely intelligent, he graduated high school at 15 and start taking university level classes at 16

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Just watched the scrimmage on flames.nhl.com

Standouts
Misa- electric speed. He’s a steal IMO

Stromgren-Speed. Size. Puck protection. Strength. He’s got it all. He’ll have a solid NHL career.

Parekh- So skilled. Loves the backhand spin pass.

Brewski- man he’s smart. Oozes IQ. Gotta work on his wheels

Honestly so much to like from this group, Jono, Grusnikov, Hurtig all showed well. Coronato and Honzek got better. Basha flashed some skill but needs to get a lot faster, Battaglia had a really good scrimmage.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Just watched the scrimmage on flames.nhl.com

Standouts
Misa- electric speed. He’s a steal IMO

Stromgren-Speed. Size. Puck protection. Strength. He’s got it all. He’ll have a solid NHL career.

Parekh- So skilled. Loves the backhand spin pass.

Brewski- man he’s smart. Oozes IQ. Gotta work on his wheels

Honestly so much to like from this group, Jono, Grusnikov, Hurtig all showed well. Coronato and Honzek got better. Basha flashed some skill but needs to get a lot faster, Battaglia had a really good scrimmage.
Battaglia was really good. I was kind of surprised he didn't get more shout outs in the CalgaryPuck game thread. Really difficult to get off the puck and made multiple great passes.

I wouldn't be surprised if he broke out in the OHL this year and competed for a spot on team Canada next year.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Strömgren is interesting prospect. Of course I've only been stat watching, but going from 8 points in 45 games in SHL to 27 points in 68 games in AHL is good. Hopefully he keeps on developing and getting better.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Strömgren is interesting prospect. Of course I've only been stat watching, but going from 8 points in 45 games in SHL to 27 points in 68 games in AHL is good. Hopefully he keeps on developing and getting better.

Even more impressive considering he had 1 goal, and 3 points in his first 33 AHL games.

28 points in his final 41 down the stretch including the playoffs.

Reactions: Fig

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Battaglia was really good. I was kind of surprised he didn't get more shout outs in the CalgaryPuck game thread. Really difficult to get off the puck and made multiple great passes.

I wouldn't be surprised if he broke out in the OHL this year and competed for a spot on team Canada next year.

Yeah Battaglia was very noticeable. He just gives off the vibe of having a "pro game".

I thought Honzek also took some very underserved criticism over on CP. To me he played very well up until he was forced out of the game with a high stick. He had a beautiful assist to Morton, a couple cheeky setups to Coronato which were flubbed, and a handful of individual puck rushes resulting in heavy shots on net.

This is certainly the most amount of talent our pool has had from top to bottom in recent memory.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yah, I haven't given up on Honzek - but this is a big year for him.

I also loved the way Stromgren was trending in the back half of the year. Went to see the Wranglers in person and he was one of the best players on the ice for either team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah Battaglia was very noticeable. He just gives off the vibe of having a "pro game".

I thought Honzek also took some very underserved criticism over on CP. To me he played very well up until he was forced out of the game with a high stick. He had a beautiful assist to Morton, a couple cheeky setups to Coronato which were flubbed, and a handful of individual puck rushes resulting in heavy shots on net.

This is certainly the most amount of talent our pool has had from top to bottom in recent memory.
CP being toxic? Why, I'd never have guessed...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad