GDT: Flames @ Blue Jackets - 5PM MT - S-NET W

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
What a great start to the season. Loved the effort by the Flames. At least were giving the other teams a hard time and Calgary once again leads the Pacific... :) odd to think about coming into the season.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
We're in first in the west!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hAPWiNC.gif

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Well I heard there is a great goalie matchup going on with Sens and Sabres right now so going to watch that game but looking forward to Sunday.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
*clears throat* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

GO FLAMES GO!

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Even when we won last year, it was almost never a 60 minute effort. Different story, at least these first two games. Guys are buying in and giving it 100% every shift. Really nice to see, even if it ends up being a losing season.

Colborne wasn't very good. He just kind of follows the puck and doesn't really drive the play. My expectations of him are definitely on the low side. I think Monahan will stick until Stajan gets back at the very least. Hartley was throwing him out on the 2nd PP and at critical moments in the 3rd period, which was great to see.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
If only we started last year like this we may have made it.

Different personnel who simply weren't capable/chose not to by into the system. This team needed purging.

David Jones has also looked good. He's like David Moss, not as fast, but much better hands and a much better shot. I don't know if he'll be worth $12 million the next three years, but so far I'm impressed. At least he's not lazy like Tanguay.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Great win boys!
Comeau was a -3 on the night. :laugh:

Erixon was a healthy scratch. :nod:

That was fun to watch. Outside of the goal scorers, Russell and Sven were the standouts for me. Sven definitely was present in all three zones in a non-sporadic fashion tonight. But it was a good game by nearly all, except Colbourne who just seemed lost most of the time, and SOB who's just not that great at hockey. MacDonald was okay and should be okay for about 20 starts this season while Rämö (or Berra) grows into an NHL starter.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Good night for the organization. The Heat won 5-2 over Lake Erie!

Good time to be a Flames fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad