GDT: Flames @ Avs | Sunday, September 28th, 6pm MT (radio only) | in search of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wonder if Blues' fans are panicking for no reason as well on their board, they don't have a win yet either.

No one is panicking, some are expressing concerns. Good thing you guys aren't Leafs or Habs fans...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Rational: So far Iggy has been killing the line he's playing on.
Rational: Losing with most of your lineup against AHL teams can't be good for confidence

But on the other hand...

Rational: It's better in preseason to lose while dominating than to play bad and win on a lucky bounce

1 is a legitimate point. People have said he's a slow starter. 2 if they didn't outplay the team and lost by not being able to buy a goal.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I am a bit concerned about Iggy. The two games I watched of him he seemed slow and ineffective. He's still an upgrade on a ghost (Casper), but I have concerns.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
How can you say Iggy killed the line he played on when you didn't even watch the game? That is irrational.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Avs are just ingeniously regressing during the preseason, so that in the regular season they can continue to spit in the face of the all mighty corsi.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People have said he's a slow starter.

Well I don't know what it is and I'm not even expecting him to contribute offensively but the problem is ROR and Duchene were invisible when they were playing with him and now that he's gone they are all over the place. The complete opposite happened with Mack and Landy. They went from all over the place to invisible, and I don't think it's because Tangs is that good. It could be a coincidence, but if there's something to fix they can't sit them for the rest of preseason and wait until the regular season to fix it.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How can you say Iggy killed the line he played on when you didn't even watch the game? That is irrational.

Mack had 4 assists on the first 4 AVS goals, the announcers were all over him calling him the next Crosby and stuff, he had many SOG's and was controling the play. Since Iggy, you barely hear his name on the broadcast and tonight he had a whopping 1 SOG (while the team had 35). Do I really need to watch to see that he's not the same?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Heard Roy on the radio. He said that he liked they way they moved the puck but they have to get more than 5 goals in 7 games. Need to improve shot quality. But said Flames goaltending was outstanding, especially in the first when they had 9 scoring chances. Dater asked him to single out a young player but he didn't want to say anyone was impressive. Said he likes Rendulic and Everberg at times and has raised the expectations of guys in the minors.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Mack had 4 assists on the first 4 AVS goals, the announcers were all over him calling him the next Crosby and stuff, he had many SOG's and was controling the play. Since Iggy, you barely hear his name on the broadcast and tonight he had a whopping 1 SOG (while the team had 35). Do I really need to watch to see that he's not the same?

Yeah, that would be nice.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
It's pre season... Last year I watch Varly Swiss cheese against kings I think n pre season.... He couldn't stop anything, but has a career season. It's preseason don't worry.
So who will play on offense assuming Mitch McG and Bords out ?
Keep Hishon? What about Rndulich? Move Eliot to wing?
Did any of tonight's unknowns stand out as far as forwards?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They had bad games against Dallas last preseason, they beat the Kings twice. I don't remember who was in net for all of them, I'm sure Varly was in Vegas. That one they played in Dallas was especially bad.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It's pre season... Last year I watch Varly Swiss cheese against kings I think n pre season.... He couldn't stop anything, but has a career season. It's preseason don't worry.
So who will play on offense assuming Mitch McG and Bords out ?
Keep Hishon? What about Rndulich? Move Eliot to wing?
Did any of tonight's unknowns stand out as far as forwards?

I have to think it's Rendulic or Everberg. Probably Everberg.

Top 6
Everberg-Briere-*sigh*Talbot
Mcleod-Winchester-A big dude

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Watching would be a step in the right direction, yes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cliche will not be on the opening night roster. Nope. Not even going to let that thought cross my mind. Not happening.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But are they regressing if they are winning Corsi while losing?

You've gotta understand that Patrick has not taken his balls off of the table since the spring. He'll let us know. So what he's doing right now is double bluffing the forces of corsi-fenwick by lining them up against themselves.

The plan being for this to open a wormhole through which the Avs will be able to win two titles in this one, single season...they are not yet sure if that second title will be another dimension's Stanley Cup, or the KHL's trophy.

*insert joke about stealing a cup from interdimensional travelers being safer than stealing one from Putin*

But Patrick is excited either way because he's said to be really looking forward to playing the "I can't 'ear you" game with Jeremy Roenick using his coaching rings.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I think by definition MUST WIN means that if we lose we can no longer win the Stanley Cup.

But I agree. It's a must win.

Nooooo you forgot the sarcasm face. Must win or what? Our season is ruined? Must win means that if you don't win, things ate going to turn out really poorly. It's bad enough when people say it in the early season. There are never must win games in preseason.

That was too easy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad