GDT: Flames at Kings: November 30

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
So didn't see the game last night, had hockey myself. Was Ramo as good as his stats looked, or did he not really get tested? Either way it was nice to see a +.900 save percentage from him. He must be working really hard in practice. :handclap:

Also there were a lot of really long posts, that I didn't really feel like reading, some good discussion on Brodie it looks like?

Finally, what did Smid do? He gonna get suspended?

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
So didn't see the game last night, had hockey myself. Was Ramo as good as his stats looked, or did he not really get tested? Either way it was nice to see a +.900 save percentage from him. He must be working really hard in practice. :handclap:

Also there were a lot of really long posts, that I didn't really feel like reading, some good discussion on Brodie it looks like?

Ramo was solid as a rock IMO. Best goalie performance we've seen in a while. It's his job to lose now.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Ramo looked really good. He could have maybe had the Kings goal, but it was a nice shot. Smid should have gotten a penalty, not a game misconduct. Sure Smid has to be less aggressive on that play, but King turned his back to him.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Personally I thought Colborne looked great and I thought David Jones looked pretty good. I actually liked SOB's penalty because he was at least being physical, but Smith I didn't notice much at all. Butler also looked all right, not great by any means, but definitely stepped up to the task of playing in the top four. I wonder what the coaching staff said to this team going into this game.

Basically, this game was what everyone was hoping for from Ramo. He made some solid saves, and plenty of acrobatic saves. He saved a point blank one-timer from the slot where he actually had to move his blocker to save the shot, for example.

JulianHopper*

Personally I thought Colborne looked great and I thought David Jones looked pretty good. I actually liked SOB's penalty because he was at least being physical, but Smith I didn't notice much at all. Butler also looked all right, not great by any means, but definitely stepped up to the task of playing in the top four. I wonder what the coaching staff said to this team going into this game.

That's what I was thinking as well. The team played badly in Anaheim the day before.

It was an afternoon game, the Dads were there, are those excuses?

That's why I've been getting on Feaster's case lately and even Hartley the prior 2 games. This team needs to be ready to play every game and last night was a good example of what fans expect and want to see every game.

To many games this year were not everyone in the lineup is giving there all.

Sven Baertschi is the only guy being scratched.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
for me the highlight was players like Stajan and Backlund weren't taking crap from Dustin Brown lol. Stajan even gave him a fierce elbow after Brown blindsided him. Such a greasy player, HATE him

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
for me the highlight was players like Stajan and Backlund weren't taking crap from Dustin Brown lol. Stajan even gave him a fierce elbow after Brown blindsided him. Such a greasy player, HATE him

Almost as fun to watch as that game a few seasons ago when Gio had his number and lined him up for about 4-5 open-ice hits. Brown doesn't often get the best of our team, and I certainly think he came off looking worse in this one. The icing on the cake was him not getting the tripping call on his dive.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

God, that was so great. Stajan's physicality was awesome last night. I'm also really hoping that Ramage, Sieloff, Breen and Kanzig all end up making the big club at a certain point (maybe not all at the same time) and the Flames defense is Hell to play against.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
[/B]
That's what I was thinking as well. The team played badly in Anaheim the day before.

It was an afternoon game, the Dads were there, are those excuses?

That's why I've been getting on Feaster's case lately and even Hartley the prior 2 games. This team needs to be ready to play every game and last night was a good example of what fans expect and want to see every game.

To many games this year were not everyone in the lineup is giving there all.

Sven Baertschi is the only guy being scratched.

There haven't been many nights where I have felt like many people haven't given 100%. I think you have unreal expectations if you think tonight is a kind of game that a team can turn out 82 times a year I think your crazy. A lot of nights our hard work gets bet but skill and I don't think there is anything we can do about that.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I can understand why some people would be upset at Hartley as he benches Baertschi but not some of the other players, such as Cammy, Stempniak, Glencross, Colborne, Butler, ect. Thing is, those players I listed will not get any better, so is there any point in benching them? No. Meanwhile, Hartley knows that Baertschi has tons of potential and is trying to get Baertschi to realize what he is doing is wrong (eg: skating into the zone, then stop skating while stickhandling and then proceeding to lose the puck). Maybe Hartley has scratched Baertschi to tell him to look exclusively at how other players enter the offensive zone, because what Baertschi currently is doing is wrong and frustrating to the coach and to the fans. I honestly do not think Hartley has anything against Baertschi, but is just trying to get Baertschi to fix what he is doing wrong. Not only that, but has anyone else though that maybe, just maybe, Burke and co. has told Hartley not to go easy with the rookies and scratch them when they need to be scratched? I mean, take a look at what Burke did to Kadri. It seemed to work there and I bet that Burke has told Hartley to do the same with Baertschi.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I can understand why some people would be upset at Hartley as he benches Baertschi but not some of the other players, such as Cammy, Stempniak, Glencross, Colborne, Butler, ect. Thing is, those players I listed will not get any better, so is there any point in benching them? No. Meanwhile, Hartley knows that Baertschi has tons of potential and is trying to get Baertschi to realize what he is doing is wrong (eg: skating into the zone, then stop skating while stickhandling and then proceeding to lose the puck). Maybe Hartley has scratched Baertschi to tell him to look exclusively at how other players enter the offensive zone, because what Baertschi currently is doing is wrong and frustrating to the coach and to the fans. I honestly do not think Hartley has anything against Baertschi, but is just trying to get Baertschi to fix what he is doing wrong. Not only that, but has anyone else though that maybe, just maybe, Burke and co. has told Hartley not to go easy with the rookies and scratch them when they need to be scratched? I mean, take a look at what Burke did to Kadri. It seemed to work there and I bet that Burke has told Hartley to do the same with Baertschi.

I agree, I also think last night Sven was sat because we were beinging in another small guy and taking out someone like Bouma would have made us extremely soft.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I don't think he's scratching Baertschi to help him, but rather to motivate him. He's now going to presumably try even harder to correct what they want him to correct, because if he doesn't, he is in danger of being scratched.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I was shocked when we won. That Scrivens blunder will be one for the ages. I'm glad Ramo highlighted his skills because now we'll see if things are personal with Hartley and Bera.

And there's no excuse for Baertschi being scratched. This franchise has killed so many first round picks it makes my stomach upset. Maybe we should just trade Baertschi

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I agree, I also think last night Sven was sat because we were beinging in another small guy and taking out someone like Bouma would have made us extremely soft.

He was scratched to play Reinhart, who played a whopping 2 minutes. Also benching a guy over and over is not the way to teach someone. Send him down if he isn't getting ice time here. You learn from playing not from watching in the press box.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
He was scratched to play Reinhart, who played a whopping 2 minutes. Also benching a guy over and over is not the way to teach someone. Send him down if he isn't getting ice time here. You learn from playing not from watching in the press box.

I think he was scratched to play Byron.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I was actually at this game. Such a good time. Me and a couple buddies went down to see the Anaheim and LA games. Pretty awesome trip!

The Staples Center is UNREAL. Such a nice arena, we'd be lucky to get one half as nice!

The game was awesome and their fans are hilarious! Everything they chant is about how something sucks! "HEY FLAMES FANS... YOU SUCK!" "HEY REFS... YOU SUCK" then they start booing their team (which was fun to get in on haha!).

We were the 4 dudes to the left of the Flames bench about 7 rows up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad