Flames Arena, the Saga Continues

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Interesting to see that there are some legitimate jerseys in one of those pics. I was expecting some AI gibberish, but you can distinctly see names like Iggy, Kadri, Rango, Coleman, Kipper, Weegar, blasty patches... Btw, who the heck is 88 "Schooley"? And is that Vin Diesel on the upper floor? :laugh:
You know when you submit your selfie to the Calgary Flames to win free tickets or other swag? I suspect you will see something in the small print along the lines of "when you send us photos we own them and all rights to reproduce them for marketing, etc." is likely in the small print. This is the result of that.

Zoom in, it's clearly comprised of real pictures of real people and "Schooley 88" is probably just some guy's custom.

I'm intrigued with the guy in the wrestling mask.

Reactions: Iggys Dome and Fig

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
You know when you submit your selfie to the Calgary Flames to win free tickets or other swag? I suspect you will see something in the small print along the lines of "when you send us photos we own them and all rights to reproduce them for marketing, etc." is likely in the small print. This is the result of that.

Zoom in, it's clearly comprised of real pictures of real people and "Schooley 88" is probably just some guy's custom.

I'm intrigued with the guy in the wrestling mask.

Yep. I assumed it likely had to be pics of real people, adjusted to look like non-real people. I wonder who Schooley 88 is. I wonder if anyone else has recognized themselves in some of these pics.

The ice one is interesting too. Backlund scores with Wolf in net. We're playing the Bruins, but I have no clue what type of Power Rangers putty patrol dudes are on the visitor bench.

I assume the winter pic is seemingly Saturday Nov 1, 2025 (not 2031).

There's some really interesting and bizarre details in these renderings. Well done renderman.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
Interesting to see that there are some legitimate jerseys in one of those pics. I was expecting some AI gibberish, but you can distinctly see names like Iggy, Kadri, Rango, Coleman, Kipper, Weegar, blasty patches... Btw, who the heck is 88 "Schooley"? And is that Vin Diesel on the upper floor?
I think Lebron is in one of them too? Putting dumb Easter eggs into your renderings is a time honoured architecture school tradition. Usually they frown on that at work especially with these kinds of high profile projects, but with these being so densely populated I'm sure there's a good few things that snuck in.

Or they were just photographed in the concourse or around the Dome grounds during game nights. The tickets always have that fine print about how you give consent to be photographed/filmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
More detailed plans and elevations are online now.

Putting dumb Easter eggs into your renderings is a time honoured architecture school tradition. Usually they frown on that at work especially with these kinds of high profile projects, but with these being so densely populated I'm sure there's a good few things that snuck in.
Not just architecture, but they started it. I try to sneak in a Snoopy whenever I can.

Last edited:

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Comrade Conroy's Bullshoi Theatre in Mostcowgary, Alberta?

The Cowthedral?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad