Confirmed with Link: Flames Acquire Brian McGrattan

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Once I seen him on waivers I was hoping the flames would grab him.. Love Big Mac

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Would prefer not to have him but o well it is only for 5 minutes a night, hopefully he doesn't take any stupid penalties.

Doesn't look like he is going to be on our roster I guess he is taking Aliu's spot on the Heat.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Awesome. Do we play the Kings again soon? Because I think he may be in the lineup that game.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Not sure how you guys could dislike this move, we've been looking for toughness all season, last year Iginla had the expressed the team need for a tough guy and here we have it, one of the better scrappers around and we got him for virtually nothing.. I like it.. Also I think he's going to Abby for a conditioning stint or something like that.

flamesfever

Jun 30, 2004
:banghead:

I guess Fest thinks the team is so soft that even Gratts can help. Not a fan of this move at all.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
So now the Flames need to open up a roster spot for him to play with the team, correct?

Yup. I'd like to try these lines first time Bic Mac comes to the lineup:

Tanguay - Hudler - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka - Bärtschi
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
McGrattan - Begin - Jackman

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
I don't mind it, especially if we end up moving a couple guys around the deadline. We can give our young guys more ice time if we have an enforcer in our lineup keeping other teams accountable.

If we could get Parros, Sekera and Carkner we'd be set:
Parros / McGratton / Jackman
Carkner / Sekera

LukeD

On Fire
Apr 1, 2012
Nova Scotia

Can't imagine Hudler and Cervenka being split up, unless Cervenka is scratched.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Hudler at center? Yuk.

Keep Stajan with Tangs and Iggy they need the puck and he has mixed well with them.

TylerSVT*

Hey at least we will finally see response from our boys if Joey Mac gets run over again!\

I'm sorry, but isnt it sad that we need to bring in an old enforcer who will play 3 minutes a game in order for our other players to play tough?

Should these guys just you know.... try and be a little tougher, like if a player runs your goalie, you dont just skate on by... you actually do something. No need to get in a huge fight and pound the guy, but show some emotion.

All this does is provide a tiny small bandaid over a cut that is about to burst and gush all over the floor.

This team is weak, Gratz isnt going to somehow make them tough.

Gary83*

With how TylerSVT is reacting he must have been really high on Joe Piskula's chances to become an nhler, lol.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
With how TylerSVT is reacting he must have been really high on Joe Piskula's chances to become an nhler, lol.

No he is just an oiler fan that hates everything the Flames do :laugh:

This moves either means, Aliu is on the IR for a while, Aliu has earned a spot the team for the time being (I'm hoping for this one) and needs his spot on the Heat filled, or Aliu will be sent down and McGrattan gets a shot.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yeah, he's apparently going to Abbotsford for now. Just adding some muscle just in case because this team is as soft as Charmin.

According to Bobby Mac, he's been technically assigned because there is no roster space ATM, but will be going to calgary for a medical.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
According to Bobby Mac, he's been technically assigned because there is no roster space ATM, but will be going to calgary for a medical.

As long as Aliu and Jackman on the roster he won't get a shot, but seeing as we are recalling from the Heat daily he will most likely be given a shot soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad