GDT: FLAMES (5-3-0) vs. PREDATORS (3-6-1) 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Bench Lindy huby and mangi. Phillips, Zary & Pelletier slot in. Harhar. Yeah right says Suttersaurus.

*Edit I know there are others they could slot in for, but this would send quite a message.*

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Mangipane cashed in on a lucky half season

I said so last year but many was upset

He is no f***ing 30 goal scorer

Reactions: Tofveve

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby

Relax, he's not a HOME ICE 30 goal scorer. He is however a 50 goal pace road sniper. You'll see just wait. ;)

CF Magic

Jan 30, 2022
Calgary
It's also depressing that we've lost to Comrie/Skinner/Daccord/Lankinen all at home. Yeesh. At least this time we're not outshooting them. He hasn't had to be all world.
The Flames special is to make no name goalies look like All-Stars

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames came into this game on tilt and went up against that hard trap style that they suck against. Right from early on after the first couple of penalties went against them they seemed to start playing angry and frustrated... which is the exact opposite of what is needed against that system.

I think it's a waste of time to point fingers at individuals when the whole team is lacking cohesiveness. The sloppy transition makes every single player look bad.

Honestly the Flames just need to hecking relax, trust the system and play with pace and patience. Two games in a row we've lacked discipline and ended up making it easy for the opposition.

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Bench Lindy huby and mangi. Phillips, Zary & Pelletier slot in. Harhar. Yeah right says Suttersaurus.

*Edit I know there are others they could slot in for, but this would send quite a message.*

Would love to see at least one of those guys sub in after a veteran group puts in back to back efforts like this. Reeeeally need some speed and creativity in the winger group.

Honestly not as mad at this loss as I thought I'd be. Flames pushed back well against a desperate team the last half of this game. Forwards and defense are still out of sorts, but with all these "2way" forwards it sure would be nice if they could score more than one goal against a backup. For a 2nd straight game they played the first half of a game like absolute chumps tho.

Good: Backlund, I get the Kadri love but Backs has kind of been our MVP this season, Markstrom not much he could do on those goals. Made a lot of good saves.

Not bad : Lindholm the effort is there, shot needs to get dialed in again. Stone was as good as you can expect. Lucic again doing his best, actually making a lot of nice plays.

Not good : Dube just goes through these periods of looking completely lost. Other than not getting on the scoresheet I liked Huberdeau. Still need more from him obviously. Coleman scored a goal so good for him. Weegar had some good moments, some not so good. Kadri trying to do it all himself.

Bad : Andersson was poor. Not sure why missing Tanev affects a different pairing so much but it always seems like they suck when he's out. Maybe matchup related. Mangiapane was low key terrible. Right now there's not a top line winger on this team. 4th line too much ice time, but generally weren't too bad. Lewis again was OK.

Really bad : Toffoli was junk. Couldn't hit water falling out of a boat. Hanifin an absolute nothing so far this season. So many unscreened floaters when the Flames have pressure. Zadorov turning it over A LOT and taking penalties. PP1 was horrendous.

At least the Oilers blew a 3rd period lead and lost in reg. LOL
Hate to agree with Francis but this team needs to get out of town for a bit. Also needs to come to grips with life after Johnny Gaudreau.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017

He's still a good middle six forward, and I'm happier to overpay on AAV for less term in his case, and a lot of cases tbh.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Could’ve just tinkered with the top line to fix it up… instead sutter decided to f*** it all up for idk why.

Maybe stop barring players because of their size. f***ing ridiculous how backwards this organization is in 2022.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Damn at least the Oilers suck ass.

Most people wrote them off, but Vegas is taking the division, friends. Our growing pains will suck but we'll get 2nd in the div. We'll see what we're made of in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad