Post-Game Talk: Flames 4 Bruins 3 SO

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Loui got us a point. And cost us a point. He played a good overall game. Looks fine out there. Can't single him out.

If I had to pic one Bruin that sucked the most tonight (and many others nights this season), it would have to be Smith.

He makes me cringe at how terrible he plays.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
Good, hopefully they'll lose their hold of the 1 seed and we can get wrecked by the Islanders or Lightning instead.

I get called a nut bag for saying it, but I feel like the league will engineer a 1st round between the B's and Habs. Officiating has been so kind to the Habs and I expect them to just edge out NYR, dubious ppg's and all.

It felt that way before the year started. The revenues and ratings for the Bs Habs must dwarf anything the NHL has to offer. 2nd only to the cup, which brings in the droves of those simply watching for the sake of the attention.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
I actually think we would be able to beat both teams in the PO's.

The Habs on the other hand? Meh.

Not sure what makes you say that. Those 3 teams all have much better players and records than us. Will we be able to score against the Lightning or Islanders, but not the Canadiens? We magically become better finishers in front of the net when facing Tampa or the Isles? Doesn't seem likely. I think we will continue to underachieve and be out in 5 or 6 games. Or perhaps not underachieve, but continue to be what we've been all year long and what we shouldn't expect to be any different come the playoffs: mediocre.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
It really is. It's becoming a more boring product with each passing year.

Bettman has ruined this league; wish he had stayed in the NBA.

"Gotta clean up the game and take out the rough stuff; yeah, that'll bring in the fans". Oh, sorry, gotta go, gotta check out Chuck Liddell with Hannity on Fox and catch the latest MMA show on ABC over the weekend.

Most games bore the hell out of me these days and not just Bruins games; I have NHL Center Ice and most of the games are just up and down lifeless affairs most nights.

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. And it's not simply pining for the "good ol' days". The league as a whole has just become a bit bland. It's become much more apparent only in the last 2-3 years.

I mean there's plenty of speed and skill to go around, which is a good thing, but there isn't much else. Lots of parity as well. The teams are all so "generic", for lack of a better term. Soon every team will be a variation of Tampa/Rangers/Islanders.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
Going out on a limb here, I bet it's a BOS vs. NYR 1st round. Like our chances.

Would be free from the ref politricks.

Rask's mental breakdown would be avoided.

We play well against them.

Bruins will upset NYR, but I'm going conspiracy minded and say for revenue, the league's dodgy officiating keeps le rats in front through ppg fest on the stretch in.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. And it's not simply pining for the "good ol' days". The league as a whole has just become a bit bland. It's become much more apparent only in the last 2-3 years.

I mean there's plenty of speed and skill to go around, which is a good thing, but there isn't much else. Lots of parity as well. The teams are all so "generic", for lack of a better term. Soon every team will be a variation of Tampa/Rangers/Islanders.

Ask Bruins fans to name the last exciting and enjoyable Bruins game of the last several years aside from our Cup run and very many will probably name that game against Dallas a few years back when Shane and Savard and the boys went to war.

Those kinds of games are what the league sorely lacks nowadays.

In the really old days, teams would play back to backers and, after ending the first game the night before having bench brawls, start fighting at the drop of the puck on the second night.

The NHL has been castrated.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game...boo

I hate the shoot out...plus the B's suck at it.

7 trips to the box....some not deserved . I know it's lame to blame the refs but really ???

The guys who work behind the B's bench really like Talbot. They say he is great in the room.

Love that Looch-Spooner-Pasta line.

The B's better beat the Flyers this weekend....I hate the stinking Flyers.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Ask Bruins fans to name the last exciting and enjoyable Bruins game of the last several years aside from our Cup run and very many will probably name that game against Dallas a few years back when Shane and Savard and the boys went to war.

Those kinds of games are what the league sorely lacks nowadays.

In the really old days, teams would play back to backers and, after ending the first game the night before having bench brawls, start fighting at the drop of the puck on the second night.

The NHL has been castrated.

Yeah man I agree. I think the "really old days" are probably never coming back, obviously. As far as our present Bruins, to me that Vancouver game from 2012 was when the league put its foot down, it's been getting softer ever since. I'm not saying it's some grand conspiracy against the Bruins, just the direction the league decided to go in.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah man I agree. I think the "really old days" are probably never coming back, obviously. As far as our present Bruins, to me that Vancouver game from 2012 was when the league put its foot down, it's been getting softer ever since. I'm not saying it's some grand conspiracy against the Bruins, just the direction the league decided to go in.

Was the Pens/Islanders feud that season as well? that was the last sort of out of control moment i can think of

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
No, they do. Home ice advantage is a premium for all, but when you see the refs in Montreal... no words.

The Sens match-up really well against the habs, and know how to beat them. They beat the habs pretty handedly (I think it was 4-1) a couple of years ago in the playoffs, and I think they can do it again.

The refs in Montreal are brutal against the Bruins, but I don't think they're quite as bad when there is another Canadian team playing the habs, so home ice advantage for Montreal against the Sens isn't as bad for Ottawa as it would be for the Bruins.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
The Sens match-up really well against the habs, and know how to beat them. They beat the habs pretty handedly (I think it was 4-1) a couple of years ago in the playoffs, and I think they can do it again.

The refs in Montreal are brutal against the Bruins, but I don't think they're quite as bad when there is another Canadian team playing the habs, so home ice advantage for Montreal against the Sens isn't as bad for Ottawa as it would be for the Bruins.

Agreed.

Ottawa is only a hop, skip, and a jump away.

LOL. A ref just screened Williams, allowing Gilbert to score. Too good.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in from the game...boo

I hate the shoot out...plus the B's suck at it.

7 trips to the box....some not deserved . I know it's lame to blame the refs but really ???

The guys who work behind the B's bench really like Talbot. They say he is great in the room.

Love that Looch-Spooner-Pasta line.

The B's better beat the Flyers this weekend....I hate the stinking Flyers.

The refs (once again) were brutal.

Too bad Loui missed an open net. Could have been the difference,

Glad the guys like Talbot. I thought he played a good game tonight, and had some decent chances to score.

I hate the shootout .....and the Flyers too.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Was the Pens/Islanders feud that season as well? that was the last sort of out of control moment i can think of

I think you might be right. There was the Pens/Flyers gong show and the Habs/Sens playoff series, but that was mostly petty stuff. Maybe Torts/Hartley?:laugh:

Arthur*

If I had to pic one Bruin that sucked the most tonight (and many others nights this season), it would have to be Smith.

He makes me cringe at how terrible he plays.
Yep, I hate Smith. He's useless and an anchor to the Bergeron-Marchand combo.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Go on to the main board, completely different story. Half the fans there don't even consider Ottawa a threat in any way, shape, or form. The cockiness is rampant.

That's habs fans for you...not surprised at all.

Yep, I hate Smith. He's useless and an anchor to the Bergeron-Marchand combo.

Smith is useless on the Bergy line, and useless on the PP.

He's just ...USELESS period.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I thought that was our weakest performance in awhile. I liked the way the D played overall. Chara was decent . Not enough drive and effort from the forward group . Hope Talbot gets better ,he isn't exactly fleet of foot. Krejci could have made a difference tonight.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I thought that was our weakest performance in awhile. I liked the way the D played overall. Chara was decent . Not enough drive and effort from the forward group . Hope Talbot gets better ,he isn't exactly fleet of foot. Krejci could have made a difference tonight.

The refs were terrible.

Too many penalties against the B's made a big difference tonight.

Killing penalties for most of the game screwed up the lines and killed the momentum for the Bruins.

...and I still can't believe there was no call for delay of game late in the third period when the Calgary defenseman deliberately knocked the net off the moorings, and they blew it dead when the B's had possession of the puck.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
More ref excuses. Awesome. Will be the reason for many that we lose. Pathetic, but predictable. Maybe it's because this team has no offensive creativity, a horrible defence and the most predictable coach in the league. Nah, gotta be the refs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad