Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Panthers sign Mackenzie Weegar ($3.25m for 3 Years)

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Anyways can we lock this up and let our teams solve it on the ice? We are talking in circles and frankly not listening to each other; before it explodes. We can let Hornqvist and Gudas as well as Simmonds be the calmer minds ;)

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I mean these same guys were confident Florida would be 10M under the cap and that’s not true.

You’re right there is signal; we just think it’s a noisy signal

your opinion is reasonable. And whether or not the teams were close is ultimately irrelevant. How many deals get close and don’t go through.

the issue is a single panthers fan taking unwarranted shots and making weird claims this somehow was made up because the leafs assume every player wants to play for Toronto...... which is actually pretty irrelevant to a trade.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

"I'm really happy it didn't happen"

“Multiple Agent calls saying a trade might be in the works”’

the player admits that his agent called him
Multiple times. sure sounds like the big bad leafs media made something up. Of course your beat writer knows more than the agent.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Now that he's signed, what number does he get? My understanding is that there was controversy with another roster player with his jersey number...but now that he's signed the big FA deal for more, perhaps he has regained leverage to take the number?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Multiple Agent calls saying a trade might be in the works”’

the player admits that his agent called him
Multiple times. sure sounds like the big bad leafs media made something up. Of course your beat writer knows more than the agent.

[MOD]

Nobody is saying there wasn't offers (show me where I said this), FLA fans are saying there was never big interest in moving him and clearly by his statement, he didn't want to leave and was really happy it didn't happen.

[MOD]

Now that he's signed, what number does he get? My understanding is that there was controversy with another roster player with his jersey number...but now that he's signed the big FA deal for more, perhaps he has regained leverage to take the number?

:laugh: that was a prank set up by Yandle when Acciari was acquired.
Yandle's buddy acted as Acciari and sent Weegar texts saying he's taking Weegs number.
Acciari and Weegar had fought before when he was still on BOS.
Weegs took it in stride and it was a good team bonding experience.

Ryan Whitney's friend pranks MacKenzie Weegar pretending to be new Panthers teammate Noel Acciari - Article - BARDOWN

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RogerRoger

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
[MOD]

Nobody is saying there wasn't offers (show me where I said this), FLA fans are saying there was never big interest in moving him and clearly by his statement, he didn't want to leave and was really happy it didn't happen.

[MOD]

:laugh: that was a prank set up by Yandle when Acciari was acquired.
Yandle's buddy acted as Acciari and sent Weegar texts saying he's taking Weegs number.
Acciari and Weegar had fought before when he was still on BOS.
Weegs took it in stride and it was a good team bonding experience.

Ryan Whitney's friend pranks MacKenzie Weegar pretending to be new Panthers teammate Noel Acciari - Article - BARDOWN

1.) in no world does a players agent call them
Multiple times about a trade when it isn’t a realistic possibility. You think that happens when a team gets an offer for a player? “Mcdavid for a 7th”. Oh better tell the agent to call Connor and let him know a trade is possible!

[MOD]

2.) good for a journeyman player to be glad where he is. He gets stability and life changing money. I would also go on the record as happy to be playing with my team, even if I really wanted to play for another team, when I found out that another team declined a trade for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
You know he makes more than Acciari now...guess we’ll see number 55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad