Proposal: (FLA/MIN) Knight for Gustavsson (50% retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Paying with (2 years of) cap space instead of paying with picks or prospects.

No retention = Minnesota adds, and they aren't giving picks or prospects for Knight when they already have Wallstedt.

Also, FLA keeps Knight if the goalie coming back is around $3m or more. Their motive for trading Knight is to open cap.
Minnesota doesn’t want a goaltender. Starting there is not great.

Minnesota doesn’t have ample cap space to blow on positions they don’t need, like goaltender. So you would be dumping Knight to us, meaning you pay Minnesota for the cap space. Not Minnesota gifting you our starting goaltender at less than $2M because you have an overinflated value on Knight.

If Minnesota trades Gus, it will be to give them more cap space to improve the scoring depth for their forwards. Not to add Knight at basically over $6.3M.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm still hoping Gus has a bounce back year, so we can roll with Gus/Wally in 2025-26....the first year that we're out of cap hell. I think it would be a huge mistake to move Gus too soon. But we ARE talking about Guerin here, so........

Reactions: MK9

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm still hoping Gus has a bounce back year, so we can roll with Gus/Wally in 2025-26....the first year that we're out of cap hell. I think it would be a huge mistake to move Gus too soon. But we ARE talking about Guerin here, so........

You take Fleury/Wally until Guerin goes on a bender and Fleury has to take over as GM and like it!

The basis of the deal isn't bad, but I think a third team needs to be involved.

To Florida: Gus (50%)
To Minnesota: Tkachuk
To Ottawa: Knight, Rossi, Lambos, Minnesota's 1st round pick

Last edited:
Reactions: Sota Popinski

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You take Fleury/Wally until Guerin goes on a bender and Fleury has to take over as GM and like it!

The basis of the deal isn't bad, but I think a third team needs to be involved.

To Florida: Gus (50%)
To Minnesota: Tkachuk
To Third Team: Knight, Rossi, Lambos, Minnesota's 1st round pick
That third team gets all that and doesn't give up anything? Sounds like a nice score for them.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Gustavsson is still quite young for a goalie and while he didn't have a great year he had one of the best years in the NHL for a goalie year before that. It's not like he's 35, he's 27. Knight has a lot more to prove and Wallstedt already exists on Minnesota, goalie isn't a concern for them at all.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m still hung up on how Knight has more value than Gus at this very moment. Dude hasn’t played an NHL game in over a year. Someone please explain.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This wasn't a very well thought out proposal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad