Proposal: FLA-EDM-TOR

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If being overpaid for 2 years until UFA is a benefit then I misunderstood the asset. That’s my bad!

We saw what, 3 or 4 bottom pairing D get 3M contracts this offseason alone? That is if you think he is a bottom pairing D... I don't.

Obviously you don’t post there because it’s the opposite of what you’re claiming.

I post there a lot more than you, considering I don't recognize your name at all and am pretty active there. Sure whatever you say though, click on any of the threads from

- the prospects we just drafted where we reached on all of them and they are all busts
- The threads on our core where they are all terrible and can't win with them
- The threads on our goalies who all suck
etc

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
We saw what, 3 or 4 bottom pairing D get 3M contracts this offseason alone? That is if you think he is a bottom pairing D... I don't.
I think he can play 4D next to a good LD. I don’t think McCabe or OEL can carry him in those minutes. I think OEL-Liljegren is an awesome 3rd pair but the Leafs have so many holes that they can’t afford a 6.5M 3rd pair if they’re trying to win a cup. I do think he fills a need for Florida.
I post there a lot more than you, considering I don't recognize your name at all and am pretty active there. Sure whatever you say though, click on any of the threads from

- the prospects we just drafted where we reached on all of them and they are all busts
- The threads on our core where they are all terrible and can't win with them
- The threads on our goalies who all suck
etc
At risk of derailing this thread I advise you to read the trade thread on the Leafs board. Leafs players get overrated there every single day.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Congrats you made a bad trade for every team involved.

Knight is by far the best player but Skinner just got you to game 7 of the SC.

McLoed is at this point a first round bust.

Liljegren is an NHL defenseman but has his detractors and his warts but there is lots of potential upside still
McLeod was picked #40 in the 2018 draft.

He currently sits at 17th in games played, 15th in goals scored and 17th in points from that draft despite being primarily used more as a defensive forward. He is in particular a key PK'er. So the first round bust label seems a bit odd wouldn't you say. Maybe you don't know as much about this guy as your post suggests.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
McLeod was picked #40 in the 2018 draft.

He currently sits at 17th in games played, 15th in goals scored and 17th in points from that draft despite being primarily used more as a defensive forward. He is in particular a key PK'er. So the first round bust label seems a bit odd wouldn't you say. Maybe you don't know as much about this guy as your post suggests.
Maybe he was thinking of Michael McLeod.

But Michael had shaken off the bust labels turning into an excellent 2 way center this year before getting arrested

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He was a star prospect three years ago. Right now he's a guy with a $4.5m cap hit who hasn't played NHL games for about a year and a half.
We’ll keep our “mystery box” instead of trading for a player with 0 hockey sense and is the perfect amount of soft that the leafs like.

• Love
Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad