Proposal: (FL) Sam Bennett for (PIT) Evgeni Malkin

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Thread reeks of cup hangover.

Nah. It's real clear what the Panthers' long term strategy is, and it doesn't involve trading for 38 year olds signed at 6.1x2. Even if they're good.

Personally, I think it's the correct plan.

The Panthers aren't competing for the Cup this year, they're too tired and in the midst of a transition. They're positioning themselves for the year after, and then a few following that.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I think Malkin will be traded eventually, but it's going to be for picks/prospects. The Pens need to rebuild and the only untouchable veteran in Pittsburgh, imo, is Crosby.

So, yea, this is a weird trade.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Malkin is one of the Big Three of his generation, and a top two playoff performer of said generation.

Sam Bennet at his absolute Sunday best is not fit to carry even a 40-year-old Malkin’s jockstrap. The gulf in talent between the two is simply too wide.
Clueless. We're not talking about prime Malkin. We're talking about right now. If you actually think Malkins better right now and brings more to the table and has more trade value. You're lost.

Reactions: elmaco

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Malkin today is still better than Bennett, and would likely be revitalized playing in Florida with someone like Tkachuck. Tkachuck would probably have a career year.

That being said, this trade doesn't really help either team.

If Malkin is traded, it will be for as many draft picks and prospects as possible + cap dumps to fill out the roster.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
What would it take from lightning to acquire malkin? We would have to move out at least sheary or perbix. Not trading vasi,hagel,point,kucherov,hedman, and Moser.

What would it take to acquire Malkin?

Oh, and any piece that would potentially have any value to you is off the table. Also... you have to take something worthless from me.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
While there is logic in your reasoning, I don't see the Pens doing this in a million years.
I see the logic but the pressure on Pittsburg, self inflicted for the most part, is to try and squeeze everything out of this core when even in a perfect world they aren't SC contenders.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Clueless. We're not talking about prime Malkin. We're talking about right now. If you actually think Malkins better right now and brings more to the table and has more trade value. You're lost.
You need to watch some Pens games. Malkin today is definitely a better player than Sam Bennett.

Wake us up when Bennett manages to hit 50 points in a season. If that ever happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad