Fixing The Power Play...

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I see a lot of PP1 and PP2 in the discussion but shouldn't the goal be two equally proficient units? We have enough weapons to stock two solid units. Let them each develop their own flow and style, let them compete for being the first unit on, maybe a bit more ice time too.

This year should be all about developing our depth and being harder to shut down at ES and on the PP.

Matthews
Marner
Knies
Robertson
OEL

Matthews
Domi
Tavares
Nylander
Timmins or Reilly

I don't even know which one is better.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Ekman-Larsson
Matthews - Nylander
Domi
Knies

Rielly
Robertson - Marner
Pacioretty
Tavares

Just split the damn units and create some internal competition.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I see a lot of PP1 and PP2 in the discussion but shouldn't the goal be two equally proficient units? We have enough weapons to stock two solid units. Let them each develop their own flow and style, let them compete for being the first unit on, maybe a bit more ice time too.

This year should be all about developing our depth and being harder to shut down at ES and on the PP.

Matthews
Marner
Knies
Robertson
OEL

Matthews
Domi
Tavares
Nylander
Timmins or Reilly

I don't even know which one is better.
Reilly is real disappointing and the only dman that could over take him is being scratched hopefully the wrongs get right

• Haha
Reactions: Maple Leaf

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
PP has been garbage since January of last season. They started hot and gradually fell in the standings.
By the time the playoffs rolled around it was a disaster....they still haven't addressed it.
Well, excpet for that short period where they were forced to take Reilly off due to his suspension, and suddenly the PP was dangerous. I believe around the same time, they were also forced to shift Tavares off and put Bertuzzi on, and suddenly they had a goalie screen, too...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The amount of passes they do that lead to nothing is staggering. Nobody wants to shoot, and when they shoot it's at shin pads or incredibly wide. They need to stop the insane amount of bad passes and bad shots, which seems simple but apparently not.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I know, but the issue becomes we have 4 guys on the perimeter. They all have valid reasons to be on the outside, but together it's redundant

OEL has the most valid reason, the forwards far less so.

They had a lot of zone time.

Of course that was against the slow Penguins.

That zone time resulted in sweet f**k all, so who cares?

They should try either Timmins or Lilly on the PP. Couldn’t be worse than Rielly.

Wanna bet?

• Haha

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
The beauty of the Leafs is that when something doesn't work they simply keep doing the same thing and let things sort themselves out. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad