First game at the Bell Centre - Questions

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Hello everyone!

I just had a quick question regarding La Centre Bell. I don't think this question needs a new thread but I couldn't figure out where to put it, so mods please feel free to merge with a more appropriate thread or close once the question is answered.

It's actually a 2 part question:

So I've never attended a game live at La Centre Bell (seeing as I live in Toronto) but tomorrow (Jan.9th) I will be taking in my first game live at the Bell Centre.

Here's my question:

1) What time do the doors usually open on game days?
2) How much is parking at the Bell? Also, is there any public parking garages nearby within walking distance where I could park my car for cheaper?

Thank you!

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
2) Park near any metro and take the metro man, you'll save yourself a looooooot of trouble. I also like to take my car everywhere, but the area around the Bell Centre is incredibly frustrating and you'll end up paying too much to be squeezed between 2 cars in a weird bootleg parking lot. Metro lucien l'allier let's you walk right inside the Bell Centre without even having to go outside

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
2) Depending your luck and game time there is free parking on several streets.

Example: I believe there's no parking from 4 pm to 6 pm on st Antoine near Guy.

If you get there for 6(or whatever it is) you'll have an empty stretch west of Guy and minutes away from bell center by foot.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
1. Doors open an hour before the puck drops on weekdays, and an hour and a half before the puck drops on weekends.
2. Never parked at the Bell Centre. I have parked in an indoor lot on Stanley below Ste Catherine. It used to be $11 to park there during games (this was a few years ago, mind you), when everywhere else was about $15.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
For parking, it depends what you do after the game and where your hotel is. I would recommend leaving your car at the hotel and taking a cab to the Bell.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Yep. Save yourself the trouble. Take a cab or metro. Getting out of there after the game is hell.

chuck1984

Jan 13, 2012
I don't know, it's not THAT bad with traffic. We're not in a game 7 where the entire downtown will be packed + it's cold outside... I don't remember the exact parking lot, but you can find a few at $20 within a 5 minute walk. Others are more expensive, don't waste your money. Sorry I couldn't give you more precise infos...

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I don't know, it's not THAT bad with traffic. We're not in a game 7 where the entire downtown will be packed + it's cold outside... I don't remember the exact parking lot, but you can find a few at $20 within a 5 minute walk. Others are more expensive, don't waste your money. Sorry I couldn't give you more precise infos...

Montreal is actually REALLY cheap parking compared to some places. I paid $40 to park at the Bruins/Habs playoff game in Boston a couple years ago. I think I paid $60 to park at Met Life Stadium for a Steelers/Jets game at one point, too.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
One more vote for public transit. Just park anywhere near a metro station outside downtown and get down at Lucien l'Allier or Bonaventure on the orange line.

You'll save yourself money AND trouble.

Otherwise, do consider the option of parking a little further from the Bell Center and walk a bit. As the above poster said, near the ETS building is a very good option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad