First coach fired next season

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
There was a season somewhat recently where there were 0 coaching changes in season. I forgot which season it was exactly. Maybe somebody can back me up on this. Mid 2010s?
Ya I recall TSN or someone talking about it, at the time, but don’t recall how long ago.
Guessing 6-10 years ago.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I think there will be a quick trigger on Lalonde if the Wings start like 2-5-2 or something.

Yzerman is a pretty patient man so I highly doubt that. If we're like 4-15-2 or something and looked absolutely terrible then yeah, maybe.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I mean it could be. If Pens starts awful he's most likely gonna get some heat.
He could lose 70 games and he won't get canned.
The owners who love Sully wont allow Dubas to fire him.

Last edited:

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
We could go 0-82 and that f***ing hack would still be safe…

It’s legit sickening.
So here is what's happening IMO...
Somehow FSB/Dubas believe that Sully is ideal to manage the coaching side of the rebuild. So yeah, if he goes 0-82, they would attribute it to being part of the rebuild.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
why would sullivan get fired? The pens did nothing to get better in the offseason so far. iF they were to fire him it seems it would have been a few seasons ago.

Would guess a coach that has been in place for a few seasons and his team has been rebuilding and has playoff expectations this season, would be in danger with a rough start or just not doing well by December

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
My money is on Hynes, he sucks and probably shouldn't have been hired in the first place. If they get off to a slow start he will be gone.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I predict a bad start of the season for Detroit and Lalonde gets canned. Him or Sullivan

I'm expecting a bad start from Detroit, especially when it was rumored that Lalonde lost the room late last season during their playoff push. Something must have been done or said to lose the players in March and April. But I think Yzerman doesn't dump him until the offseason unless Detroit is REAAALLY bad.

I can see Washington ditching their coach if they have a bad start. Maybe Minnesota?

Reactions: HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad