First 2.0 Jets inductee into Jets HOF?

Which 2.0 Jet should be added to the Jets HOF?

• Dustin Byfuglien

• Blake Wheeler

• Bryan Little

• Tobias Enstrom

• other

• Andrew Ladd

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Wheeler.

Not sure Ladd or Buff deserve entry. Ladd did not put up nearly good enough numbers, although good leader/captain.

Buff, I am kinda on the fence. Yes he was one of a kind player, physical force, tremendous skater and puck mover, thunderous shot, etc but Hall of Fame worthy? I lean towards no.

Wheeler to me is the only one who checks all the boxes.

Reactions: hockeyarena

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
It's gotta be Wheeler or Buff. I would have said Buff would have had the inside track but I am not sure how the org feels about him. Letting Big Save Dave wear #33 was weird. But time heals all wounds so I am gonna back Buff on this one.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I just noticed Wheeler isn’t playing this year. I guess he will “retire” sometime soon.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Kane is Abel …… to ditch checks and bills from multiple restaurants and Double down at the Blackjack tables all over town..,,

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
I think Buff should be before any others on the list, mostly due to his uniqueness and how he was probably the one guy the Jets have had who could literally change the course of any game when he chose to. I loved watching Little play. The guy was simply such a quality guy and teammate. I think the way things ended for Wheeler will affect his inclusion a lot as it was clear after he left that he was a major part of the problem. That being said, he's still a quality human being away from the rink.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wheeler.

Not sure Ladd or Buff deserve entry. Ladd did not put up nearly good enough numbers, although good leader/captain.

Buff, I am kinda on the fence. Yes he was one of a kind player, physical force, tremendous skater and puck mover, thunderous shot, etc but Hall of Fame worthy? I lean towards no.

Wheeler to me is the only one who checks all the boxes.

This is Jets HOF, not HHOF

Buff is absolutely worthy. If he had come back and played 2 more years he might have even been worthy of that other HOF.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Somewhat lost in this is the fact that Buff likely declines the induction just to avoid the attention and stay out of the spotlight

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
This is Jets HOF, not HHOF

Buff is absolutely worthy. If he had come back and played 2 more years he might have even been worthy of that other HOF.
Yeah I’m aware this is the Jets HOF not the HHOF thanks! I guess if Teppo Numminen gets in then maybe Buff. I guess the standards are that low to get in the Jets HOF. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Buff, I still have a jersey for him, but not sure on JHOF worthy. He probably prefer to not go in anyways.

To me Wheeler is the only 2.0 candidate who is basically retired now.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I didn't even know the Jets had a hall of fame? Who's already in it?

Nevermind I found it: List of Winnipeg Jets award winners - Wikipedia

I think if Ab McDonald is in it, then all of those guys listed will be in it eventually

Also it's weird reading in wikipedia the Jets franchise is represented in the HHOF by Chelios, Hossa and Recchi

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I’m aware this is the Jets HOF not the HHOF thanks! I guess if Teppo Numminen gets in then maybe Buff. I guess the standards are that low to get in the Jets HOF. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Buff, I still have a jersey for him, but not sure on JHOF worthy. He probably prefer to not go in anyways.

To me Wheeler is the only 2.0 candidate who is basically retired now.

Wheeler is second on my list, but he is quite a ways behind Buff. You may be right about him preferring to not go in though. Might not show up for the jersey raising. :laugh: But marching to the beat of his own drum is partly what he is famous for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad