Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I’ve never in 35 years of being a fan heard the leader of this organization sound like a complete idiot in front of the media, on the record for 5 plus minutes.

His answer about the three things on the wall is a low point for the franchise. This eclipses Andy Murray’s “I play my best hockey when?” homework assignment as pathetic and embarrassing.

How on earth did these two get put in charge of our team?

Given the Kings history, having half-baked guys as front office heads is par for the course. What I can't figure out is...how they thought these two guys could replace and were better than Dean Lombardi.

I think the answer may be, Lombardi was a victim of his own success and he set the bar of expectations so high. These two have brought it down to below average again.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
And pretty much all the analytical models expected them to lose in round 1.

Some of the models had Edmonton HEAVILY favored.

I don't really look at seasonal ratings much for playoff series. It's not like chess where everything is controlled and it's just two players. Had the talent to win this series, just not the coaching. Once the 1-3-1 was broken by two fore-checkers going down the same side, and outnumbering the defense down low, it was over...especially when one or more of the guys was Draisaitl and/or McDavid and the goaltender was not Jonathan Quick-caliber.

It's probably why when we won the one game, it was close but several times when they beat us, it was a total blowout. No adequate adjustment on our side.

Jun 30, 2006
Given the Kings history, having half-baked guys as front office heads is par for the course. What I can't figure out is...how they thought these two guys could replace and were better than Dean Lombardi.

I think the answer may be, Lombardi was a victim of his own success and he set the bar of expectations so high. These two have brought it down to below average again.
I can tell you that the AEG brass thought Dean was a PITA and not a company guy, he didn’t care about AEG corporate politics (aka ass kissing). Just focused entirely on hockey, gave respect to his own hockey ops, ran a tight ship etc. Probably not an easy guy to work with from AEGs perspective.

Where areas you have Luc who is just the opposite and will show up to any AEG brass sponsored cocktail party and kiss their ass.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
shout out to Stanovich at 11:20 for following up on their comment about leading the team with Kopitar and Doughty is pretty stupid. They had no response to his follow up.

Whos the guy at 18:50 who pretty much called them out on trying the same shit over and over expecting different results?

Stanovich and Baxter are gonna be uninvited to a lot of things this season, that's for sure

Luc's stupid conniving f***ing smile said it all, kiss of death

No more questions for Baxter, he's gonna raise his hand till the circulation gets cut off

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I can tell you that the AEG brass thought Dean was a PITA and not a company guy, he didn’t care about AEG corporate politics (aka ass kissing). Just focused entirely on hockey, gave respect to his own hockey ops, ran a tight ship etc. Probably not an easy guy to work with from AEGs perspective.

Where areas you have Luc who is just the opposite and will show up to any AEG brass sponsored cocktail party and kiss their ass.

Yep, corporate America in a nutshell. Not surprising at all...

Reactions: chris kontos

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018

I think you are totally right, and this completely depresses me.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
In retrospect it makes sense Blake isnt axed because apparently PLD wasnt his call... would be pretty trecherous to fire the guy after he wasnt the one that made that decision - tho I wouldnt put it past him doing that at some point based on how easily lies spew forth from his mouth 🤡

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
In retrospect it makes sense Blake isnt axed because apparently PLD wasnt his call... would be pretty trecherous to fire the guy after he wasnt the one that made that decision - tho I wouldnt put it past him doing that at some point based on how easily lies spew forth from his mouth 🤡

Yeah that's an interesting bunch of thoughts. If it's true, I kinda feel like Blake is back in this Assistant GM position like he was with Lombardi and Brisson is the GM.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC

The only possible thing that makes sense to me is that coming off the 2014 cup, financial forecasts were raised for the next 5 years. And the money was spent while the revenues failed to come in at the expected levels.

That opened a window for Robitaille to whisper in Beckerman’s ear that a couple of changes could get the money back on track.

Reactions: Rorschach

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
One thing I also noticed was how quickly Rob wanted to move on from the Kaliyev non-play question. What the hell did this kid do to piss off top brass lol
dude yeah, he came off actually angry about that

what did he say, "he didn't do anything to help us" or something. no kidding bonehead, he's in the press box. what a putrid spin

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
dude yeah, he came off actually angry about that

what did he say, "he didn't do anything to help us" or something. no kidding bonehead, he's in the press box. what a putrid spin
He said, "He didn't help us down the stretch at all." He sounded pissed off answering the question. He might as well said "f*** that guy, next question."

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Robs gonna die on this hill:

This doesn't bother me that much because he can always be bought out later. I'd rather see him get a chance play his way back into positive value first and then the decision be made later. And that's in both rebuild or keep going scenarios.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad