Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Can you please grade my son's Econ final? He really needs a good grade to pass this class.

Copley is a nothing-burger. whatever. It's like a sacrifice bunt (def not a hit).
But Lewis?!? These so-called "kids" are not 18-21 year olds. they are men and it's time to not treating them like teenagers and play them. Akil Thomas is 24. Fagemo is 24. Turc and AK are 23.
Read what I said. I want him as the 13th Forward that sits in the press box so the kids don’t have to. We know that he is always prepared and that if he would have to fill-in for an injury, he would be ready.

I want the kids to play. I actually want either Turcotte or Thomas to playing somewhere well above the fourth line.

Reactions: Dog as Man

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
What roster are we even going to ice? My best guess right now:

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Moore - Kopitar - Laferriere
Foegele - Danault - Fagemo
Jeannot - Turcotte - Lewis

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

Really feels like we're missing a top six forward right now.
Kopitar going to give up 1st line center? I would be shocked.

We have been missing a top 6 forward for several years haven't we?
Foegele maybe 2nd line, Moore 3rd.

Akil Thomas 4th center over Turcotte perhaps... He needs to play

The team will have more sandpaper (though the bar was set rather low)

Lots of 2-1, 3-2 kind of games for this bunch.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Importantly today shows us players around the league have no time for what the LA Kings have become, the org is a circus joke and people recognize we're on the way down.

Gotta love more Brisson success though, we'll get two years out of Edmundson then he'll LTIRetire making everyone lots of money on the way

Black hole baby, here we come.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

This is not a playoff roster, and if Thomas gets snubbed next year I'm going to be pissed. It's obvious with the Kaliyev situation that they don't know how to handle incorporating youth into the lineup.

At this point f*** it, I'm all for whatever gets us to a rebuild or major re-tool faster. Being in a perpetual black hole is a terrible position to be in. Any organization with Bergevin near the top isn't going to be successful.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Foegele - Danault - Free agent stiff
Jeannot - Free agent stiff - Lewis
Thomas, Turcotte and Fagemo back to the A.
Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

Blake is not done F**king it up. LOL.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
f*** it. Tell Arty you're staying, no one else wants you. You're gonna play on the 3rd line and be out on PP1 every single time. Shut up and get to work.

Foegele-Kopitar-Kempe
Turcotte-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-AK47
Jeannot-Thomas-Lafrienere
Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

If the kids step up, we are a playoff team. If not........Rob and co are packing their bags.

Reactions: unicornpig

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

It’s because we are. Blake traded away a top six forward and a top six tweener in Vilardi and Iafallo for another “top six forward” in PLD, who shit the bed so bad he had to be jettisoned for Kuemper.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
There aren't many remaining free agents left: 2024 NHL Free Agents - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

As far as middle six players go (there are no remaining top line players available), we've got Jeff Skinner, Cam Atkinson, Adam Henrique, Vladimir Tarasenko, Tyler Johnson, Victor Olofsson, and Kevin Labanc maybe? Maybe Tarasenko is an interesting pickup. Not sure what he's looking for but he scored 23 goals last year at $5 million.

Moore - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Tarasenko

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Edmunsun signing is awful but I cant justify bringing back Lewis in any way. What the f*** does that old decrepit gas bag have to offer that someone with arguably without a pulse cant do?

I think all the Blake lovers have finally converted. This shit is so sad. We went from DL to objectively the most brain dead GM in the NHL. Benning would be a massive upgrade.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I believe the "lip service" is only for playing the kids (Turcotte & Thomas), but Byfield is definitely going back to Center.
They should play him at center but I think they bridge Byfield and keep him on the top line wing for another year. They bring back Lizotte as 4c for cheaper than his qualifying offer.
They trade Kaliyev + for Pinto.
Clarke Turcotte Fagemo play in the AHL and Thomas is a healthy scratch.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
The Edmundson signing is the icing on the cake. I already couldn’t get over Vilardi.

Blake with all his horrible trades and signings.

I’m gone.
Losing Faber was it for me. Byfield and Faber were our future 1C and 1D to build around along with Vilardi, all that's needed is a 1G for the future. Clarke had better f***ing pan out and be a franchise defenseman.

Really thought Lewis was going to Utah. WHY didn't they let him?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
So the Lewis signing makes me believe that Fagemo is AHL only guy. We will most likely lose him to waivers again. It also takes away a roster spot for the kids to win (Lee or Helenius). Now with the Edmundson signing, LA will drop one of Moverare, Englund, Burroughs the the AHL. My guess it will be Moverare going down with LA carrying 8 D-men this year.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
A little pissed at the world today (and Rob Blake)... Gonna attempt to re-create a scene from Office Space.

Wish me luck!

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 12.32.21 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
@johnjm22 I know we've had our spicy disagreements, but are you in agreement that we Nuke the Kings? Not just fire them, but just drop a massive warhead on the front staff.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
They should play him at center but I think they bridge Byfield and keep him on the top line wing for another year. They bring back Lizotte as 4c for cheaper than his qualifying offer.
They trade Kaliyev + for Pinto.
Clarke Turcotte Fagemo play in the AHL and Thomas is a healthy scratch.
Turcotte has to pass through waivers and will be grabbed quickly. No way they go after Pinto. Clarke should be NHL and NHL only this year and in the future.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
So the Lewis signing makes me believe that Fagemo is AHL only guy. We will most likely lose him to waivers again. It also takes away a roster spot for the kids to win (Lee or Helenius). Now with the Edmundson signing, LA will drop one of Moverare, Englund, Burroughs the the AHL. My guess it will be Moverare going down with LA carrying 8 D-men this year.
I need a barf emoji...

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This is not a playoff roster, and if Thomas gets snubbed next year I'm going to be pissed. It's obvious with the Kaliyev situation that they don't know how to handle incorporating youth into the lineup.

At this point f*** it, I'm all for whatever gets us to a rebuild or major re-tool faster. Being in a perpetual black hole is a terrible position to be in. Any organization with Bergevin near the top isn't going to be successful.
Get ready to be pissed. It's coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad