Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So lose Roy for nothing: check.
Lose Arvidsson for nothing: check
Acquire some shitheads to block our remaining kids: check

But hey, we won a playoff game last year!

only items on my wish list, somehow pry pinto from ottawa, trade englund and figure out what to do with kaliyev
Easy: Lose him on waivers for nothing!

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
What a disastrous Free Agent day. Foegele may be ok, but the rest is pure shit. Blake is like a teenage girl with her first credit card.

Edit: Forgot about Copely - I'm ok with the goaltending depth.

Reactions: ru4reals

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Blake went 3 for 4 today

Foegele - great signing. Pain in the ass to play against.

Copley. - vet back up in AHL to aid Portillo

Lewis - as long as he’s making league minimum and is the 13th forward. Don’t want kids sitting in the press box for a long period of time.

Now the other signing. Even if he goes three for four, he struck out with the bases loaded? That’s all people remember. That contract is three years too long and 2 million too much a year

Where is our offense coming from?

Has to be a trade in the works. Have too many players

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
The Lewis signing makes no sense. Love the guy, but what's the difference between him and Turcotte or Thomas or Fagemo really? I mean, I get he's a center. I mean if he isn't signed, and any of those three guys play in his spot for the whole season...are the Kings going to crater?

Just another example of Blake and Luc thinking this team is something that it isn't. Let the kids play for crying out loud.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Or
Wish the media in LA for hockey was the same as it is here in Toronto. Luc and Blake would be destroyed and it would be the most satisfying thing to come out of Kings' hockey in years.
If ownership was actually paying attention and not just looking at checks and balances, then We'd already have new management right when the season ended

The Lewis signing makes no sense. Love the guy, but what's the difference between him and Turcotte or Thomas or Fagemo really? I mean, I get he's a center. I mean if he isn't signed, and any of those three guys play in his spot for the whole season...are the Kings going to crater?

Just another example of Blake and Luc thinking this team is something that it isn't. Let the kids play for crying out loud.
Bad management will always be bad management

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Blake went 3 for 4 today

Lewis - as long as he’s making league minimum and is the 13th forward. Don’t want kids sitting in the press box for a long period of time.

Now the other signing. Even if he goes three for four, he struck out with the bases loaded? That’s all people remember. That contract is three years too long and 2 million too much a year

Where is our offense coming from?

Has to be a trade in the works. Have too many players
All Copley will wind up doing is roadblocking Portillo from getting starts in Ontario because he “needs to be game-ready in case of an injury to Kuemper or Rittich”.

You know this.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

The signing is that they want him to play every game but will give the kids a chance to start. As soon as one of the kids "fail" than they will throw Lewis in there and say we'll we gave them a chance (aka Kaliyev last year).

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I'll tell you this. I'm as uninspired in the upcoming season as I've been in a long time. Our biggest need...a top 6 center and we shit the bed. Very frustrated.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What roster are we even going to ice? My best guess right now:

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Moore - Kopitar - Laferriere
Foegele - Danault - Fagemo
Jeannot - Turcotte - Lewis

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

Really feels like we're missing a top six forward right now.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Phil and Nancy Anschutz are 84. I'm sure their focus in life has shifted, and I don't blame them for it. Beckerman is 67, though, and should be on top of this shit.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I’m not even sure
All Copley will wind up doing is roadblocking Portillo from getting starts in Ontario because he “needs to be game-ready in case of an injury to Kuemper or Rittich”.

You know this.
I’m not even sure if Copley will rebound from his injuries. I am probably one of the only Kings farm that’s not a fan of his. All I know is it seems that teams are going to tandems nowadays. Nothing Portillo has more of a chance with a guy coming back from injuries than he does if we sign a solid guy.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

That would be a good top line but you know they are still going to revolve everything around Kopitar and run
Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore -Danault- Fiala
Foegele- x - Laferriere
Jeannot - Lizotte - Lewis

Reactions: tigermask48

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Blake went 3 for 4 today

Can you please grade my son's Econ final? He really needs a good grade to pass this class.

Copley is a nothing-burger. whatever. It's like a sacrifice bunt (def not a hit).
But Lewis?!? These so-called "kids" are not 18-21 year olds. they are men and it's time to not treating them like teenagers and play them. Akil Thomas is 24. Fagemo is 24. Turc and AK are 23.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope we are a god damn lottery pick! This is the biggest limp dick offseason I have ever seen!

Dont worry, we already gave up next year's 2nd rnd pick and I'm sure the 1st will be gone at the deadline as blake tries to save his ass

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

Foegele-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
X-Byfield-Laferriere
Jeannot-Lizotte-Lewis

Turcotte, Thomas,Kaliyev

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Burroughts
Edmundson-Englund
Spence, Clarke, Moverare

Kuemper
Copley

Can't have those f***ign kids in the lineup messing things up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad