Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If Rob was getting fired it would have happened already.

DL and DT were fired the next day after the final game of the season.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If Rob was getting fired it would have happened already.

DL and DT were fired the next day after the final game of the season.
He’s definitely not getting fired. He’s just now under real pressure and we’ve all seen the results to date.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Ive pretty much lost interest in them. We were spoiled by DL and were perhaps expecting too much, but this current management group dont know their ass from their elbow.
Is it too much to expect a proper rebuild? Thats all I asked for. I dont think its spoiled to want that. We had about 4 good years under DL in the 57 year history of the team.. so Id say we arent spoiled from him (I for one dont expect 2 cups in the next 8 years), just got a taste of what a real franchise should be doing.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is it too much to expect a proper rebuild? Thats all I asked for. I dont think its spoiled to want that. We had about 4 good years under DL in the 57 year history of the team.. so Id say we arent spoiled from him (I for one dont expect 2 cups in the next 8 years), just got a taste of what a real franchise should be doing.

I'm not sure if it is or isn't given most rebuilds 'fail'

Yet--it seemed they were on the right track

Yet again--is it too much to expect an articulation of a proper vision after this many years? We still don't know what the hell they're doing other than trying to emulate Nashville and are unfortunately closer than I thought they ever would be as per @Herby 's illustration

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll resign after he realizes he's getting tomatoes thrown at him whenever he shows up in public.

My guess is, AEG would like to dump him, but at this point they are sick of throwing millions away e.g. Koala, Peterson, etc - so they'll prob put constraints around him while he finishes his tenure and hope the Pravda like Hoven (with his pre-seeded article), can assuage the casual fan's concerns.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
If this were pro wrastlin', Blake would give the interview and be interrupted by AEG entrance music. Then, members of AEG would run in and either chase off a cowardly Blake or work him over.

Reactions: tigermask48

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The team is capped out, has no legitimate NHL goaltender in the system, drowning in bad contracts, simultaneously losing prospects on waivers, and year after year after year is the 15th best team in the NHL. Who wouldnt be stoked for more of the same?

Getting a legit goalie is one the relatively easy things to do this summer, 22M in cap space, you have to let Roy, Arvidsson, Lizotte go, replace them from within, and you have about 10M to play around with.....

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Getting a legit goalie is one the relatively easy things to do this summer, 22M in cap space, you have to let Roy, Arvidsson, Lizotte go, replace them from within, and you have about 10M to play around with.....
It depends a lot on what they want to do with Byfield.

If they want to lock him up long term it will be over 8M+

A bridge deal maybe 4.5M-ish.

Also, do they want to try and lock up Spence right now as well?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Once they lockup Byfield, it will be about 10M in space, they have room for 1 MAYBE 2 free agents outside the organization, a G and a LD, and then everyone else has to be promoted from within

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
f*** it, let em know with your wallet

i won't be going to any games that's for sure
With corporate dollars, seats are locked in.

Frankly, if 90% of kings fans with a cable or satellite contract cut the cord, you’d stand a chance of AEG noticing. Otherwise, the only revenue hit on the horizon is 2 playoff home games.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Blake was named captain in 1996. 5 years later, he gave up the C after leading the team to zero playoff series wins in a contract dispute. And then he won the cup with some other team.

In 2006, he returned to the Kings, possibly Dean Lombardi’s worst decision of all time. He scores 34 points and gets paid $6M. Next season, he puts on the C once again after Matty Norstrom says eff it and retires.

Soon after the Kings draft Drew Doughty, Rob Blake packs his bags for San Jose for $5M and the opportunity to grab Patty Marleau’s captaincy when he was stripped.

This guy is a master at grabbing the bag and failing upward while never missing a good wave. We should all be so fortunate.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
This just shows me that Rob is staying because he is a yes man and a puppet with his strings being pulled from people in higher places. (Luc w Bergeron in his ear)

Reactions: David Lunch

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
This just shows me that Rob is staying because he is a yes man and a puppet with his strings being pulled from people in higher places. (Luc w Bergeron in his ear)
With Luc and Bergevin on the helm, french players on board. Maybe the plan is to piss fans off, keep losing and then move the team to Quebec. 2 exibition games next year in Quebec, generating lots of buzz in the province. The problems on the team is systemic and organizational, no single coach, player, or GM will fix this. We need a revamp from development to pro staff to upper management something that the current owner clearly has no intention of doing.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
With Luc and Bergevin on the helm, french players on board. Maybe the plan is to piss fans off, keep losing and then move the team to Quebec. 2 exibition games next year in Quebec, generating lots of buzz in the province. The problems on the team is systemic and organizational, no single coach, player, or GM will fix this. We need a revamp from development to pro staff to upper management something that the current owner clearly has no intention of doing.
Get a grip. Kings aren't getting moved to QC.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

does blake even bother bridging QB? give him his 8x9M or whatever and roll talbot/copley/rittich again, why bother bridging since he won't have to answer for it anyway? then he can put the feather in his cap of drafting and locking him down. distribute the scraps around and go again.

since it comes off as blake still being in the driver's seat, from his perspective there's no reason to do anything different right?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
does blake even bother bridging QB? give him his 8x9M or whatever and roll talbot/copley/rittich again, why bother bridging since he won't have to answer for it anyway? then he can put the feather in his cap of drafting and locking him down. distribute the scraps around and go again.

since it comes off as blake still being in the driver's seat, from his perspective there's no reason to do anything different right?
If you bridge him, it gives you more cap space to improve the roster THIS coming season. We're in win now mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad