Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don't know where you have been all of our lives. I wish you had found this place a few years earlier.

Don't get excited , he said the same thing to me many, many times.
Oh god I really hope Clarke found his balls in the AHL. That look of terror on his face from Mark Stone was the most cowardice I’ve ever seen in a long time.

Actually it showed intelligence and was a learning experience.
I hope someone obliterates Stone again in the preseason.

Ya I got no problem with how Clarke handled Stone, don't know what some people think would have happened if Clarke was like , "F you Mark!"

Probably get to take some time off for a suspension instead of the LTIR for a change, and Clarke would have post concussion syndrome.

Waivers will be in play and Clarke sent to AHL, trades probably not until closer to the deadline.

It will be more about who is expiring in the off season and making room if Clarke looks good on the Reign.

*The Kings have boatloads of casual fans and entertainment seekers in addition to the leftover core fans, thus the revenue and chance the dreams you dreampt here are not coming true.

o_O

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don't get excited , he said the same thing to me many, many times.

Actually it showed intelligence and was a learning experience.

Ya I got no problem with how Clarke handled Stone, don't know what some people think would have happened if Clarke was like , "F you Mark!"

Probably get to take some time off for a suspension instead of the LTIR for a change, and Clarke would have post concussion syndrome.

Waivers will be in play and Clarke sent to AHL, trades probably not until closer to the deadline.

It will be more about who is expiring in the off season and making room if Clarke looks good on the Reign.

*The Kings have boatloads of casual fans and entertainment seekers in addition to the leftover core fans, thus the revenue and chance the dreams you dreampt here are not coming true.

o_O

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Look, I’m all for some well-meaning optimism, but let’s pump the breaks here a bit.

Some people were clamoring for Hayden Hodgson to make the roster last year as a “difference maker”, and that was accompanied by hope for the coaching staff to play some youth with frequency. Among other more glaring “well, f***, that didn’t work out” hopes a-la PLD.

Here we are 12 months later, making the same damn dance, with different dancers.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Don't get excited , he said the same thing to me many, many times
liar-anakin.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz and Sol

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
The Buffalo Sabres are looking for a top 6 forward and a tough D.

How about the Kings moving Kayilev and Englund for picks or prospects. Would love to pry Ryan Johnson from Buffalo...
Ive been saying that for months, Ryan is exactly the type of D we should be looking at, but this management team seems to have a real aversion to left handed mobile D., just another reason why management needs to go as this still think this 1995 hockey. Inalso think they are set on left d and would be looking for a tough Rd, so Englund would not fit. On that note would anyone be interested in Peyton Krebbs Kaliyev swap.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I wonder if it was a case of the Kings taking a chance that they could reach him, arrogance assuming that the could, or just poor due diligence on their part.

When there is so damn much conjecture about a kid pre-draft you can easily dismiss the individual speculation points. However, the sheer amount of rumors should tell you that an awful lot of people are trying to come up with reasons why he didn't impress anyone enough to go earlier than he did. SOMETHING was up with him.

Maybe that red flag had a more pinkish hue given he was their third early pick in that draft.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I wonder if it was a case of the Kings taking a chance that they could reach him, arrogance assuming that the could, or just poor due diligence on their part.

When there is so damn much conjecture about a kid pre-draft you can easily dismiss the individual speculation points. However, the sheer amount of rumors should tell you that an awful lot of people are trying to come up with reasons why he didn't impress anyone enough to go earlier than he did. SOMETHING was up with him.

Maybe that red flag had a more pinkish hue given he was their third early pick in that draft.
I think the organization is just set on how they do things. This isn't to absolve Kaliyev, but some either just don't fit or can't learn the material when the curriculum is presented in one way.

Would he have had more success on another team? Nobody knows. But we do know the organization has a pretty narrow mindset as far as how they approach certain issues. So if it wasn't this way, it wasn't going to work out.

It's why, despite how laughable it appeared, I appreciated Hiller with the "gold star" approach with Dubois. It showed creativity in re-presenting a mindset or ethic in a different way.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think the organization is just set on how they do things. This isn't to absolve Kaliyev, but some either just don't fit or can't learn the material when the curriculum is presented in one way.

Would he have had more success on another team? Nobody knows. But we do know the organization has a pretty narrow mindset as far as how they approach certain issues. So if it wasn't this way, it wasn't going to work out.

It's why, despite how laughable it appeared, I appreciated Hiller with the "gold star" approach with Dubois. It showed creativity in re-presenting a mindset or ethic in a different way.
I think the gold star thing leaking was a mistake. It seemed to mark the end of the improvement from PLD (albeit limited) and it wasn’t long before it went backwards again. I agree it was creative but it getting out possibly embarrassed PLD and then it likely becomes less effective.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Put any url that references the 2019 draft in your child block filter for your own sanity.

2019 could very soon challenge 1985 as worst draft in franchise history.

1985, two top 10 busts.

2003 with all those picks in the greatest draft of all-time is up there, but they did end up with an iconic player amid the all the whiffs.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Put any url that references the 2019 draft in your child block filter for your own sanity.

2019 could very soon challenge 1985 as worst draft in franchise history.

1985, two top 10 busts.

2003 with all those picks in the greatest draft of all-time is up there, but they did end up with an iconic player amid the all the whiffs.
It’s also interesting seeing how many names from that first round have already been moved, including the two players who were selected before Turcotte.

Cozens, Boldy and Caufield are looking like damn fine picks.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It’s also interesting seeing how many names from that first round have already been moved, including the two players who were selected before Turcotte.

Cozens, Boldy and Caufield are looking like damn fine picks.

Yeah, guys from the 2019 draft are not young kids anymore. Teams feel comfortable evaluating what those players are and comfortable pulling the plug if need be. Which is totally normal, in modern hockey five years should be plenty of time.

I think Rob Blake's ridiculous philosophy on integrating young players into an NHL lineup has skewed some of our fanbase into having odd opinions on the speed in which players develop into NHL regulars. For example, guys like Akil Thomas and Alex Turcotte are still referred to as "kids" on this forum, despite both entering their 5th seasons of pro hockey. Thomas turns 25 in 4 months and Turcotte/Kaliyev both turn 24 shortly after, just not young prospects anymore.

As for those other players, yeah it's tough, because so many other things that have happened since then probably don't happen if the Kings end up with one of those guys. For example, Cozens probably means no PLD and Boldy or Caufield probably means no Fiala.

Last edited:

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Yeah, guys from the 2019 draft are not young kids anymore. Teams feel comfortable evaluating what those players are and comfortable pulling the plug if need be. Which is totally normal, in modern hockey five years should be plenty of time.

I think Rob Blake's ridiculous philosophy on integrating young players into an NHL lineup has skewed some of our fanbase into having odd opinions on the speed in which players develop into NHL regulars. For example, guys like Akil Thomas and Alex Turcotte are still referred to as "kids" on this forum, despite both entering their 5th seasons of pro hockey. Thomas turns 25 in 4 months and Turcotte/Kaliyev both turn 24 shortly after, just not young prospects anymore.

As for those other players, yeah it's tough, because so many other things that have happened since then probably don't happen if the Kings end up with one of those guys. For example, Cozens probably means no PLD and Boldy or Caufield probably means no Fiala.
Arty turns 42 this year wtf are you talking about

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Thomas turns 25 in 4 months and Turcotte/Kaliyev both turn 24 shortly after, just not young prospects anymore.

"Initially, it looks like the average NHL skater “peaks” at 23. However, since the change between ages 22 and 25 is minimal, it might be better to say the average NHL skater plateaus from age 22 to 25. Personally, I feel that “peak age” (from a delta method perspective) is rather misleading and something of a misnomer, but I digress… This is about as basic an age curve as we can construct using the delta method."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad