Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Blake should have to eat at least a five pound bag of dog shit for his epic fail in the 2019 draft.

Turcotte
Bjornfot
Kaliyev

All three are total busts, from a draft class that has yielded a better than average crop overall. Fagemo soon to join the list, already waived.
He cant draft, he cant trade, he cant develop.
Drafting isn't the issue. It's all development, all 5 of Spence, Fagemo, Turcotte, Bjornfot, and Kaliev have had their development completely destroyed by the Kings. And all 5 still show signs of being NHL players despite that.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I wish he was more of a fighter. He'd win in a punch out because he has a ring on each hand.

Jokes aside, yeah. The office was probably on eggshells whenever he was interviewed. Between him and Sutter, they're mouths were like a box of chocolates. @Lt Dan
I can tell you with first hand knowledge (I edited the piece) that there was at least one time that Dean was extremely cranky towards Heidi Androl who was trying to get Dean to “sell the team” to potential season ticket holders for the following season. Let’s just say he wasn’t in the mood that day.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I can tell you with first hand knowledge (I edited the piece) that there was at least one time that Dean was extremely cranky towards Heidi Androl who was trying to get Dean to “sell the team” to potential season ticket holders for the following season. Let’s just say he wasn’t in the mood that day.
My god, what a breath of fresh air Dean was, post-2014 warts and all.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC

Comrades! Greetings from the radiant summer in the 8th year of our eternal fathers, Luc and Rob. This winter, our party has raised you to new heights, with a true bounty of success arriving early in our 10 year plan.

“I’ll start with just a very difficult end to the season. A lot of disappointment, a lot of frustration, a lot of anger. The disappointment came in the form of special teams. I don’t think we performed at nearly the level we needed to to have success in the playoffs. The frustration – just understanding the game plan that was in place, but not executing. And I think the anger, at the end of the day, just not a consistent enough style of play to have success.

Our glorious leaders know the pain of their people. They were disappointed at McDavid and Draisaitl being awesome. They were frustrated that the plan was awesome but the players weren’t. And they too were angry because the team was awesome when things were easy, but then failed to be awesome when things got hard.

Based off the responses here and from my friends, I would have to imagine the Kings are going to see a decline in a attendance and overall interest.

I watched the first 60 seconds of that "press conference" and wanted to puke. These clowns are beyond delusional. Making progress? On what f***ing planet is that happening? They are treading water at best.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Based off the responses here and from my friends, I would have to imagine the Kings are going to see a decline in a attendance and overall interest.

I watched the first 60 seconds of that "press conference" and wanted to puke. These clowns are beyond delusional. Making progress? On what f***ing planet is that happening? They are treading water at best.
read the comments on the youtube video too, we aren't the only ones

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Sharks get Celebrini. Need them and the Ducks to make playoff runs next season, anything to shock Kings ownership into clearing out the rot in this roster and front office.
I hope the sharks get him. Its a good story with him being a junior shart.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
People don’t understand how bad this team was for the vast majority of last season.

For the final 59 games of the season, they went 28-23-8. They are a sub .500 team without a single top flight PPG scorer.

Sure, there is variance year over year and weird things can happen, but this is who the Kings are. Look at their record against playoff teams. Look at their advanced stats against Edmonton.

This is not a good hockey team, and there’s a very strong likelihood they miss the playoffs next season.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
People don’t understand how bad this team was for the vast majority of last season.

For the final 59 games of the season, they went 28-23-8. They are a sub .500 team without a single top flight PPG scorer.

Sure, there is variance year over year and weird things can happen, but this is who the Kings are. Look at their record against playoff teams. Look at their advanced stats against Edmonton.

This is not a good hockey team, and there’s a very strong likelihood they miss the playoffs next season.
yup, started out hot and survived off loser points. crushed cans for the last month. paper tiger like everyone said all along

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008

This would be a good start to the end of this atrocious era, then management will really feel the squeeze. There's almost no point in making the playoffs if the team is an easy first round exit. The only plus I see is more experience for the youth. Byfield is one of the few bright spots in this whole clusterf***, he deserves better along with the rest of the young core.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The Kings roster with no moves aside from UFA signings since the 2021-2022 season:

Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Laferriere - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Kupari - Lizotte - Grundstorm
*Thomas, Turcotte

Anderson - Doughty
Roy - Faber
Walker - Spence
*Clarke, Englund

Quick
Talbot
*Copley, Rittich, Petersen

I still think we make the playoffs both years, and we'd still have selected players with the 1st round picks we gave up in the Fiala and Gavrikov trades. It is a tough look.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
The Kings roster with no moves aside from UFA signings since the 2021-2022 season:

Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Laferriere - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Kupari - Lizotte - Grundstorm
*Thomas, Turcotte

Anderson - Doughty
Roy - Faber
Walker - Spence
*Clarke, Englund

Quick
Talbot
*Copley, Rittich, Petersen

I still think we make the playoffs both years, and we'd still have selected players with the 1st round picks we gave up in the Fiala and Gavrikov trades. It is a tough look.
Yeah the team on the ice today is not any better than that team there. At least not noticeably. Really depends on Quick more than any other piece.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake

Comrades! Greetings from the radiant summer in the 8th year of our eternal fathers, Luc and Rob. This winter, our party has raised you to new heights, with a true bounty of success arriving early in our 10 year plan.

Our glorious leaders know the pain of their people. They were disappointed at McDavid and Draisaitl being awesome. They were frustrated that the plan was awesome but the players weren’t. And they too were angry because the team was awesome when things were easy, but then failed to be awesome when things got hard.

My contempt for John Hoven just increased more than I thought it could. He's like one of the courtiers who believes the Emperor standing there naked is wearing a suit weaved from gold. What a shill- I don't know how people like that can live with themselves. I am no longer going visit his site or listen to him on Sirius XM. Why anyone would think he is an objective source on the kings is beyond me. I hope 'Boomer' Gordon figures it out as well and finds an alternative voice to discuss the team.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
My contempt for John Hoven just increased more than I thought it could. He's like one of the courtiers who believes the Emperor standing there naked is wearing a suit weaved from gold. What a shill- I don't know how people like that can live with themselves. I am no longer going visit his site or listen to him on Sirius XM. Why anyone would think he is an objective source on the kings is beyond me. I hope 'Boomer' Gordon figures it out as well and finds an alternative voice to discuss the team.
i mean i hate the guy as much as you do but that article isn't really the one i'm jumping on, that was (mostly) straightforward reporting about the availability

surely he'll write an opinion piece on how full of shit bluc were though, right? ...right?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Clearly these are guys (Luc/Blake) spinning and trying their best to stay in charge without their heads being cut off. Unfortunately, the local media has been MIA and outside media have not true clue. So even though some of us knew the foundation was rotting the past couple years, outside the Kings were being praised as still an up & coming team with a great prospect pool.

I think that's over now. Outside/national media have finally caught on. Local media as well. Going forward, i think you will hear & Bluc will feel a continual mounting pressure, true/detailed analysis and negativity aimed their way.

And a lot of "it's about time" and "I told you so" posted on this forum over the course of the next 12 months....until Luc & Blake are finally jettisoned next year after a failed 2024-2025 season.

I don't think so...

6e532727837069.5636b8cabfaec.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad